• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I was doing some research about ammo form my glock and was wondering if i can shoot .45acp +p or not. Also if any body knows a decent cheep ammo that runs thru this gun well post it up.

Thanks,

Breas

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I haven't seen anything in the manual about not running +p ammo. I've run some in my G30. So far I haven't had any probs with feeding or reliability with any ammo in it. Federal Hydra shocks are good, for a long time I carried winchester 185 gr silvertips, along with golden sabers, and currently hornaday 185 gr xtp's. The +p ammo I"ve ran in it was the federal hydroshock 185 gr +p. Its controlable but not as easy as regular power rounds.

Engine03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Indy
    yes you can shoot +p in a glock 30. Cheaper range ammo usually means blazer or wolf steel cased fmj. I have a Glock 30 and have never had a problem with steel cased ammo at all.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've used alot of the blazer brass, or winchester white box for target ammo. Along with reg blazer as well. Basically the G30 isn't very picky like some other guns, lol

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Yes, you can shoot +p in a G30. I don't find a need to do so as the std pressure ammo I use peforms adequately at std pressures, but +p works fine (and it is something to think about when one's get's under 4" of barrel in a .45).

Top Bottom