• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Has anyone heard or experienced the 30 being more accurate than the 21. I have a 21 and was thinking about buying another one. But now I question if I should sell the 21 and buy two 30's.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Buy a 30 and have a nice complementary gun that can share mags. If when you get the 30 you like it a lot more than your 21, well sell off the 21 and buy another 30 :):

I had a 21 and a 30 for many years, and have sold both of them off in the last year or so, and gotten down to .40 and 9mm, in the compact (19/23) and sub compact sizes. (26/27). I just found myself not carrying the 30 and rarely shooting the 21. The 30 was a nice gun, and I liked shooting it quite a bit, but it just didn't fit into what I was going for with my Glock consolidation. That said, if you own a 21, buy a 30. It is a nice shooting gun.

Some people indicate they shoot the subcompacts, better than the compacts. Some people say they shoot the compacts better than the full size Glocks. Usually an individual preference.

Last edited:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I too just picked up a 30S and really like it so far. Never shot a 30, but if it shoots anywhere near as nicely as this 30S (and Im sure it does) there is no reason to believe it wouldn't shoot as well as the 21.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My G-36 is incredibly accurate...to the point where I'm considering purchasing a G-30SF frame and replacing the G-36 frame 'creating' a G-30S!

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Every Glock I've ever shot (19, 22, 23, 27, 30SF) has been just as, if not more accurate than I am. I think most quality pistols are the same way up to a reasonable distance.

Excluding target shooting, I would argue that most pistol "inaccuracies" are of the shooter's control; i.e. trigger pull, grip, stance, etc.

With that being said, I loved my Glock 30SF when I had it. With the standard pinky extension (10 round) magazines, it was roughly the size of my father's Glock 23. I traded it for a Glock 27. Although the Glock 27 is easier to conceal, I think my Glock 30 SF was easier to control and shoot. I did not notice a difference in sight or trigger ergonomics.

Best of luck with your purchase, good sir.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I am more accurate with my Glock 30 than anyother Glock I have shot, and I have shot many. I have tried twice to carry a Glock 36, but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with either.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I remember seen an article from Massad Ayood describing the G30 as the most accurate of all Glock's and tend to agree with him, I have had a couple of G21's and 30's and I always did better with the G30.

edadmartin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    colorado springs
    I just picked up a gen 3 30-sf and love it. I have med large mitts but its short grip suits me well . I use g-21 mags in it as well . I don't mind the added thickness over the 30 standard. It seems as accurite as other glocks Ive practiced with.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    :popcorn:

Gen 3 Glock 21 owner myself watching this thread to see if I can be convinced to pick up a 30 myself.... or try out a new caliber.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have shot the G21 and G21 SF and can tell the difference in grip size. I have a G30 and have handled a G30 SF but can't tell one from the other. I also seem to shoot the G30 a little better than the 21's. With the G17 & G26, they are about the same. Go figure.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    I have a 30sf and Love it.. its my go to piece. Do a good .25cent trigger job, get rid of the serrated trigger for a smooth trigger, get a (-) connector and NY1 trigger spring and a slap on a set of Truglo TFOs and where you put the front sight is where the bullet goes. I had a 21 when I was a reserve and hated it for whatever reason I just couldn't put my finger on it but I didn't like something about it... ditched it bought my own G30 and qualed better with it than I ever dreamed of w the 21, I got made fun of for my "pocket rocket" but once the Duck Dynasty Style " Gentleman's Bets" started flying and I started leaving the range looking like a pole dancer on a good night. The Nay sayers got quiet, and a couple even went and bought their own for B/U and Off Duty carry unfortunately by the time they got schooled they had already paid for my nightsights, my 3 extra mags, my ext slide release, and my trigger components. A buck a Shot when playing HORSE at the range adds up FAST!

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I have a 21 and a 30, I prefer to keep both guns because I can put things on my G21 that wont fit my G30, such as my surefire light. I also have different uses for each gun, the G21 comes out when I work a detail or there is really bad weather out and about in case I get stranded I want a full size frame for longer distance shots. I also carry the G21 openly on days like black friday, new years eve, etc etc for more of a deturrance factor. I like my G30 for concealed carry, still a 10 round capacity, but in a comfortable easy to run sized gun.

Top Bottom