• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    It's in my carry lineup. Softer recoil than a 1911. For some reason, it's just a heckuva lotta fun to shoot. I have the SF version, and I'd recommend giving that a try before you commit, as the double-stack .45's do take some getting used to.

If you're ever going to be at MCF&G at the same time I am, I'd be more than willing to let you give it a test-drive.

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    G30's are great. I have found them to be more accurate than the G21. If you have small to medium hands, also give the G36 a try. It just might feel/shoot better for you. It's fewer rounds so it's a give and take thing...

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I'd check out both the G30 and the G36... I have fairly large hands, and nothing beats the G36 w/ +1 round extension for feel for me...

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    My G30 fits my hands perfectly. I highly suggest trying one out before you buy one.
    Most of my friends don't care for the feel of the frame/grip, but they don't have stubby little hands like mine.
    I've put about 2000 rounds through mine and haven't had any problems.
    I carry my G30 every day and hardly notice it's there. Several decent carry holsters are available if you look around.

Any pistol is only as accurate as the shooter.

I'd suggest trying out the other sizes offered in .45 as well. (G21, G36)

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Hey,
    I recently started a thread on the same subject. I got to the gun shop today and handled one for a while. Really a different feel compared to my G17, which fits me perfectly. The G30 "out of box" model I handled didn't have the extended mag, which I gather will make a huge difference. I didn't feel like I had the same degree of control as I do with the G17, and the trigger guard seemed to agitate my middle finger just above the second knuckle. Didn't have enough time to figure out why this was, but I'll be sure to experiment a little more thoroughly at the range, where they have a rental G30. Maybe a G30SF will make a difference in this slight discomfort as well.

Steady

Denny L

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I sold my Glock 30 and have regretted it for awhile. I cut my teeth on the 1911 in the military but a Glock 30 is about the perfect CCW gun. Small enough with a 10 round capacity and of course 45 ACP. You can not go wrong with one.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Fun gun! Thick as a brick!

I like mine, but it is the only one of my GLOCKS that have ever had a failure to feed. I haven't ruled out an error on my part.

Short of using the jaws of life, I can rarely get 10 rounds in my mags. And if I do manage it, sometimes the mag will not seat itself fully inside the magwell.

So, I usually load 9 rounds and call it a day. I suppose I should have it checked out, but have so far just been too lazy............ I have several carry guns, so............

Top Bottom