• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I can pick up a Glock 37 (45 GAP) for $350 LNIB with Night Sights. Is that a good enough deal to hassle with finding GAP ammo? Will GAP ammo be around for a long time?

Thanks

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Absolutely! If you reload, it uses the same dies as the .45 ACP and it is an excellent shooting gun. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you for what you pay for it.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Most of the feedback I have come across are positive, also people that tryed it said that prefer it to the .40. If I had a little more money to spend on ammo I would own a GAP.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I second John Galt: If you handload, it is a great round.

A nice, compact G19 sized double stack .45 (Glock 38 or even 39) that my hands can actually fit around comfortably and securely for offhand and one hand shooting? Sign me up. My hands are smaller, could not easily shoot a G30 single handed without constantly readjusting me hand. The G36 allowed me to do so, but I was not impressed with the gun's capacity. Never know when I have to shoot with one hand.

For a carry gun, it's a great idea and concept. Ammo availability is an issue, but handload! Plus, things get really bad, there is a plethora of .451 defensive component bullets available, start making your own defensive ammo. Heck, get really desparete, start pulling PDX1 230gr JHP .45 Auto bullets and tip your GAP! :D

(wishes I had $350 in my pocket, plus gas to go to NW Indiana :D )

Last edited:

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Yeah, you see the Glock in 45 GAP all over the place and they're nearly giving them away. The prices are very fair. If you're handloading go for it. I personally haven't seen a lot of 45 GAP on the market, compared to the ability to find 9mm, 45 acp, 40, etc, etc.

Top Bottom