• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Pocket pistol with no safety other than what's between my ears and the trigger? I'd prefer to have a manual safety as well for pocket carry (to keep one chambers and just dumped into my pocket). Ankle or waist carry I don't see the need for the safety depending on the quality of the holster, but what about pocket carry? (I haven't found a pocket holster I like).

Will this scenario scare some of the 380 buyers away?

Not the smart buyers. A pocket pistol that's in the pocket without a holster is stupid.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Guns need to be in a holster period. But I don't see the G42 going in many pockets. Purse carry, ankle carry, IWB carry, belly band carry will be the methods.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    It could go either way. I have never been a fan of these small guns like the shield, lcp, etc. just do not shoot them well. Also, for somebody like me that conceals a full size glock or 1911 most of the time, this would be easy to deep conceal. Do not like the 380 at all personally. I'd buy one as a 9mm. The biggest positive I see on this model is they did not put the stupid finger grooves on it with the gen4 grip. Can we please get that on the other models?

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The GLOCK 42 does nothing that the Walther PPS doesn't already do better.

Same internals basically and a more powerful round in the PPS.

StuBob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Total hit. It's small enough to conceal and big enough to reduce recoil, meaning people will actually shoot it. It'll shoot better than anything in the category except the unbeatable P238.

They'll sell a million of them, including the one on my 2014 Christmas list!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The GLOCK 42 does nothing that the Walther PPS doesn't already do better.

Same internals basically and a more powerful round in the PPS.

Totally agree. Feel the same about my M&P Shield. Now if Glock comes out with the exact same pistol in 9mm, things get interesting. Hopefully that will be the next one in line.

Indysteel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Southport
    It is a smart marketing scheme by Glock.
    Get the .380 out and get that crowd to purchase and then bring out the 9/40 a bit later.

I think the real issue with a .380 is the lack of ammo for it. You can find 9mm but .380 is almost as mystical as .22LR or .44Mag

Top Bottom