Glock 42 issues ALL ammo related? Maybe. Kinda.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wouldn't surprise me; many tiny/thin guns suffer issues stemming from lack of space. Kahr had to cut out a scallop at the front end of the ejection port on the MK/PM/CM series guns in order to be able to eject a live round. My P380 will not feed any ammo loaded with the Hornady XTP bullet (Hornady Custom, Critical Defense, Fiocchi Extrema). Every other type of FMJ and JHP I've tried has fed just fine.

Which is sad because that bullet is one of the few that performs reliably in 380. :(

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I shot my 42 a few weeks ago and used some Tula Ammo I got for free in another trade. The tula ammo jammed after each shot and would not cycle. I then loaded my redball Carry Ammo(Defensive Ammo) and shot that and it cycled flawlessly and was smooth. I havent shot it since but belive that the TULA Ammo was the cause of the cycle issue.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I just put another 100 rounds through my 42. 50 Fiocchi 95gr FMJ, and 50 Blazer Brass 95gr FMJ. All were flawless. This gun is running like a Glock should. I also ran a new magazine in addition to the two that came with it, and it ran three loads each of Fiocchi and Blazer today, no issues. The two original mags now have Pearce pinky extensions and they make this gun feel even better. This thing is just a ball to shoot!

Here are the ammunition that worked and didn't:

Worked without a single failure (250 rds. total)
    Fiocchi
    Blazer Brass
    Cor Bon JHP
    Rem. Golden Saber JHP
    WWB
    Rem. Ultimate Defense JHP 102gr

Did not work well (1 out of 6 FTE, fired 50 res)
    Speer TMJ Lead Free

I will add that the Speer ammo constituted the first 50 rounds fired through the gun. The FTE's were consistent with both magazines. If I hadn't picked up that strange box of lead-free Speer somewhere along the way, I believe I'd be talking about a flawless 300 rounds at this point. This gun is GTG, IMO, for EDC. It is my new summer gun!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've hit about the 600 round mark though mine with a mix of my 100 grain plated Berry's, Magtech 95 grain jacketed and some Hornady Critical Defense and all were 100%. I've shot it in several IDPA BUG matches and it might be the best 'gamer gun' on the field. It's functioned through every round as fast as I can pull the trigger. I love it as much as my Gen4 G34. Mine has a born-on date of April of 2014 so I might have escaped some of the 'new gun' problems.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom