• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just showed the youtube ad to my wife. She agrees they are definately going after the womens market with this one. My wife thought this might make a good companion to her PK380.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The thing that sucks about it is that the Kahr PM/CM9 is "smaller" or the same size and you get a 9mm with no recoil issues. So why would you go 380? If Glock comes out with one in a 9mm in that size, then I will buy. This just makes me shake my head as to why its not either 1 9mm or 2 smaller :dunno:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Fake edit: Block = Glock tablet spell check is killing me.

It will sell because it's Block. Block could make a hi point knock off and people would love and buy it. I don't think it will sell as well as some people think though. I'd say 75% or so of the 380 market is people who don't want to carry a gun. An lc380/9, a Shield, an XDS these are all just to "huge" and heavy for them to carry. The Block is closer to that size. The sub compact 380 as opposed to the ultra/micro just doesn't seem to be an overly hot seller for anyone.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would not say the Kahr PM9 is without recoil. Generally speaking small 9mm have a fair amount of recoil and can be difficult to manipulate. Same problem occurs when you shrink the gun and chamber it in .380. At first I was disappointed but the more I think about it I applaud Glock for this offering.

What I would really like to see is a G19 slim. The size of my G23 is not the issue but rather the width.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Fake edit: Block = Glock tablet spell check is killing me.

It will sell because it's Block. Block could make a hi point knock off and people would love and buy it. I don't think it will sell as well as some people think though. I'd say 75% or so of the 380 market is people who don't want to carry a gun. An lc380/9, a Shield, an XDS these are all just to "huge" and heavy for them to carry. The Block is closer to that size. The sub compact 380 as opposed to the ultra/micro just doesn't seem to be an overly hot seller for anyone.

That is kinda my point. At that size 9… The only + to 380 is micro which this does not fit

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would not say the Kahr PM9 is without recoil. Generally speaking small 9mm have a fair amount of recoil and can be difficult to manipulate. Same problem occurs when you shrink the gun and chamber it in .380. At first I was disappointed but the more I think about it I applaud Glock for this offering.

What I would really like to see is a G19 slim. The size of my G23 is not the issue but rather the width.

Yeah you are right, I just mean that recoil isn't an issue. I don't find them unpleasant to shoot. Like a shield in .40 for example I dislike. But I don't find the PM9 snappy or have anything to naysay about when it comes to recoil was my point. Or no reason to choose a similar sized pistol in a smaller caliber

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

Yeah I would love a Glock 9 1/2

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    If they released the 9mm first, the .380 would not generate many sales if released after for the same reason a G28 would not generate many sales today. By releasing the G42 in .380 first, they get to ride two buying frenzies just like Sig did with the P238 and then the P938 a couple of years after.

You sir... are 100% correct. A single stack Glock 9mm IS coming.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You sir... are 100% correct. A single stack Glock 9mm IS coming.

True, but considering the thickness of the 42, will there really be any benefit of choosing the single stack 9 over a 26? You're only losing 1/2" in OAL and like 1/4" in thickness now. Might stick with a g26 for subcompact greatness.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    True, but considering the thickness of the 42, will there really be any benefit of choosing the single stack 9 over a 26? You're only losing 1/2" in OAL and like 1/4" in thickness now. Might stick with a g26 for subcompact greatness.

Yes! Getting gun gun down to an inch or less in thickness makes a huge difference. If all you do is saving length then a person might as well carry a G19.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

THIS!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't have any interest.

It's only .5" shorter in slide length compared to a G26. And the length of a handgun slide is the easiest part to conceal. And I would assume that .5" is because it has a .5" shorter barrel than a G26. For me, it does not seem like a beneficial trade off.

It is the same height as a G26. So since the grip is the same height, not much of a difference in ease of concealment there.

It's only benefit is the width. It is 1/4" slimmer. That is such a small change that the thickness of your holster used could make up that difference compared to a G26. Example...thin Kydex holster vs. Thick leather holster.

And for the 1/4" savings...you loose 4 rounds. Again..IMHO...Not a worthwhile trade off.

Not to mention that you now have a proprietary magazine that will not work with any other Glock model.

So even if Glock comes out with a 9mm model...I don't see much of a benefit. At least that is my:twocents:.

Amkriz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    Elkhart
    When they come out with the model in a 9 I will be in line. I love my glocks but still often carry a PM45 just for comfort due to how thin it is even compared to my 26. Not really interested in a .380 but excited to glock grow further into the thin single stack market.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    DSC_0984-751x1024.jpg

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Although the .380 isn't for everyone it will be a backup for someone. The bright side here is that Glock (although late) is starting to listen to the crowd.

Top Bottom