• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Has anyone taken any range time with the new Glock 42-.380? I'm currently carrying a S & W Bodyguard .380, and I don't like the double action trigger. The gun is a very good size for concealed carry, but would rather have the single action of the Glock.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I shot a friends and it was very pleasant. It was extremely smooth and managed the .380 round pretty darn well. I think the size is spot on for it, very controllable.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Mine has arrived at the LGS, so I'm picking it up today. I'll probably shoot it this evening or tomorrow. Everyone with whom I've spoken who has shot one loves it. I haven't heard any first hand accounts that were anything less than positive. I'll post up after I give it a go.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Mine has arrived at the LGS, so I'm picking it up today. I'll probably shoot it this evening or tomorrow. Everyone with whom I've spoken who has shot one loves it. I haven't heard any first hand accounts that were anything less than positive. I'll post up after I give it a go.

Can't wait to hear more about it. Both the 41 and 42 are calling me but the 42 especially. Looking forward to your report!

Tobias

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I was able to get my hands on one yesterday. It felt great but I just kept asking......"why isn't this a 9mm?"

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    I have about 500 rnds through my 42. It is on the bigger side for a .380 and I think because of that --it shoots incredibly well..very accurate with low recoil.
    All of the other 380's like the lcp examples are smaller and very snappy and hard to make accurate shots with .. I shoot lots of Ipda . and I have no problems shooting on the move with the 42 and just my opinion but that's what you want from a back up type firearm. 20 yard shots with proper trigger control are no issue for the 42 and that's well outside the range of intent for this type of firearm.. Just my $.02 worth

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was able to get my hands on one yesterday. It felt great but I just kept asking......"why isn't this a 9mm?"

Because if it were a 9mm it would not feel so great. I am interested in the Glock 42 but I am not ready to give up my J frame just quite yet.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the input, I'm aggressively looking for one. Stopped by Bradis yesterday, and they had a Demo Only one in the case. I ended up buying a couple other guns while there. As soon as I can find a 42, my current carry, Bodygaurd .380 will get parked. As far as the G41, I have one, and it shoot great right out of the box. I've turned into a Glock-a-holic!!

45 x 11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Southwest IN
    I finally got to look at and hold one today. It isn't all that small when you look at its profile, especially compared to others... But then you flip it on edge and it is so thin; it seemed about like a deck of cards although I didn't have one to compare. The owner really liked how it shot, feeling that it is very soft and smooth (especially compared to most other .380's). It isn't a pocket gun, but it isn't trying to be and I think it fits intended niche really well. This looks to be an easily concealable .380 with good sights that you can actually shoot.. IMO a lot of .380's are borderline and thus not guns I would recommend to their (seemingly) intended users. I don't think I will buy one, but I would love to shoot one.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I picked up the one i have been waiting for today. no rounds through it yet. wife loves the feel and size. i am not so sure but then again she is the one that will be carrying it once she gets some rounds through it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I took mine out for break-in today. I ran a variety of ammo, and overall, I'm quite pleased with it.

I started out with 6 Remington Golden Sabers, and they ran flawlessly. I then had 6 Hornady Critical Defense rounds, and 5 went off perfectly, but the 6th was a dud. I put it through again and it still wouldn't fire. It wasn't the gun's fault, but it sure knocked down my confidence in that ammo. It won't be my EDC ammo again. I'm not sure of the bullet weight in these rounds, but I'm guessing 95 grain.

I then moved to 50 rounds of Speer Lawman, 95 grain TMJ ammo. The first mag ran well, but the second mag produced an FTF. Through the entire box, I had 6 FTF's. I'm not sure why, but it happened consistently about once every mag until the last two, which ran fine. I read the box more closely and discovered this ammo is lead-free. I've seen reviews, including Hickock45 on Youtube, where this gun didn't like Barnes ammo, which is also lead free. I'm not sure what the deal is with it, because they have the same bullet weight, but the shape and/or density must be very different and that must be where the problem lies. The Speer wasn't as bad as Hickock's experience with the Barnes bullets, but it was enough to never want to run it again. (Interestingly, my LCP ran a box of the Speer and did just fine with it.)

I then ran through a box of 100 Winchester White Box ammo, 95 grain. That box ran entirely without issue, which indicates the gun has issues with the Speer.

Next up was about 12 rounds of Cor Bon High Velocity 90 grain HP (1050fps). No issues.

Finally, I ran through two mags of Remington Ultimate Defense, 102gr. HP. These look exactly like Golden Sabers, but carry 7gr. more weight than those I started with. They ran flawlessly, and at this point, are going to be my EDC carry ammo. I'll be getting two to three more boxes of these to confirm reliability and with which to practice.

In the mean time, I've got two hundred more rounds of WWB to run through this thing. That may be my fall-back EDC ammo. I've also got a box of 100 Remington JHP ammo (standard stuff) that is also 95 grain. I'll run those soon, too.

Overall, I ran just over 200 rounds today with 6 FTF's, all with the Speer ammo, and 1 dud Hornady Critical Defense. Accuracy at 7 yards was VERY consistent, and the trigger felt great. In fact, the gun felt fantastic in my hand, and I have large hands with long fingers. It seemed to point well and feel very natural and comfortable. Recoil was very mild, as expected. I also like the Glock sight picture. I'm not sure why people have complained about it. Once used to it, I was able to put every round on paper, wich was about 8 inches or so in diameter. If that was a bad guy, he'd have been in real trouble, with every round easily hitting vital meat.

I love this gun, and I'm confident enough for EDC. I'll probably carry it at least 50% of the time in the summer, especially when the weather is hot. My other EDC gun is a Ruger SR9c, which I dearly love. (1000 round count, great trigger, and great feel, with zero ftf's or fte's, and accurate).

I'm pretty happy with my first Glock! I'm also thrilled it was made in the USA. I'm also thankful for Fort Liberty Firearms in Avon, for letting me get on a waiting list, with no deposit, and calling me promptly when it arrived. They also gave me a great price, at $429. From what I've seen on different forums, many are paying $470 to $500. They also recommended and sold me a really nice Flashbang Prohibition Capone IWB holster, that is like a Crossbreed, for a really good price. Those guys have always treated me exceptionally well, and sold at competitive prices.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Good information to hear. I'm still waiting to find one and make it my own. It will most likely be my new carry piece.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Hopefully the redesign of the inerds will stop all the FTF , and related issues

Mine has the redesign. On a gun this small, there won't be much you can do to get it to fire lead free ammo reliably. It will require a longer barrel to be consistently reliable. Outside of that lead free ammo, mine ate everything except the dud Hornady round. There isn't any gun that will get that one to fire.

Tiny B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    KOKOMO
    I bought mine last week . Ran 6 rounds of liberty 50 gr thru it with no issues. Then ran 12 fmj no issues. Liberty at 21 feet at center x hits and fmj one cluster about 2 inch group. The gun was new outta the box . Sights line up and are almost perfect for my sight picture. Definitely a great gun!
    Liberty civil defense 50 gr is saying 1500 fps which is smoking fast and hardly any recoil. Gonna try some 90 gr LE hydra shock this week for test along with some golden sabers.

Top Bottom