• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have been thinking about installing a laser/light combo on my G43.
    what do you guys think?
    :oldwise:JT

I think it would just depend on what role the g43 fits for you. I love mine but really only carry it when I need definite concealment so I don’t want anything extra hanging on it personally. I have a plus 2 taran tactical as my back up mag, talon grips and trijicon hd’s but really haven’t done anything else to mine.

if you decide to go for it, keep us posted how you like it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think it would just depend on what role the g43 fits for you. I love mine but really only carry it when I need definite concealment so I don’t want anything extra hanging on it personally. I have a plus 2 taran tactical as my back up mag, talon grips and trijicon hd’s but really haven’t done anything else to mine.

if you decide to go for it, keep us posted how you like it.

Agreed, I carry one as well, but don't want to bulk it up, seems counter to the purpose of this size of gun for me.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    It took me a while to start shooting it well, even though I am a Glock fanatic. So far it has been 100% and its my EDC now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll point out a bit of a cautionary issue. I shot the G43 at a fair amount of steel matches over the summer as "my practice." On top of not being free enough to shoot as many USPSA matches, I shot the the PCC for them.

The last USPSA match I shot the G34 to reacquaint. Quite an eye opener at how fast familiar skills slip away. I happily recovered by the end of the match, by forcing myself to slow down and get a proper grip (on that big fat grip.)

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Super late to this thread, but yeah- I think the G43 is great, but could be improved a touch...

Lighter trigger would be great. Definitely a heavier pull than my 19 or 17...

Coming with an extended magazine with additional capacity would have been great. At the moment, I'll settle for a Pearce +1. They haven't given my any problems thus far. I finally did the "25 cent" trigger job, and it definitely helped, but I think I need to throw on a 3.5 pound Ghost connector to really get it where I want it. Luckily, this is an easy operation, and parts are readily available.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I have a TLR-6 on my G43 and like it, although the light is fairly puny compared to other concealed carry weapon lights available. I also have Trijicon HD's and 3.5 ghost connector on/in the gun which both vastly improved its usability for me. I carry the TTI +3 baseplate on my spare mag while carrying the factory flush mag in the gun. Highly recommend TTI's G43 base's - very slick!

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I got one when they first came out and agree that the trigger sucked. I'm not sure at what point they changed the connector in them. I've since been through a few different single stacks and ended up with a new 43 again and love it. I put a flat face trigger shoe on it. I carry it with the Taran +1 on it, TLR 6 and a spare mag with the +3 Taran baseplate on it AIWB all day long no problem.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I got one when they first came out and agree that the trigger sucked. I'm not sure at what point they changed the connector in them. I've since been through a few different single stacks and ended up with a new 43 again and love it. I put a flat face trigger shoe on it. I carry it with the Taran +1 on it, TLR 6 and a spare mag with the +3 Taran baseplate on it AIWB all day long no problem.

This is almost my exact set up but I just put a whole new trigger in it. Crazy light weight compared to a 19 or similar. 17 rounds ready to roll. Nice light. Not the brightest but is very ample light if needed.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Love all my Glocks and have some very nice ones but will say close up at about 30ft my new 43 is just as accurate as all my others. Really decent trigger straight out of the box!psyko

vangurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Valparaiso
    I have to agree with you, really enjoy my 43 w Trijicon night sights and Taran Tactical mags extensions. Little gun can shoot and never misses a beat. Picked up the Shield 2.0 in 9mm and am loving it too. Gotta love choices.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    Update on my Glock 43.:oldwise: JT...
    ....I installed a Larry Vickers tactical slide racker on my G43.
    I did not like it, I thought it flimsy.
    The ears on the insert were very thin. One good push on them on a hard object for a tac re
    load would most likely break it.
    My advice, save your 21.00, then buy ammo. Gaston Glock and et tal got it mostly right the first time.
    :oldwise:JT

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Pretty neat, I wouldn't hate trying one myself. I've had good luck out of my full size 9mm glock ETS magazine since they sent me the newest spring, I wouldn't use it for carry but for fun sure.
    Tossed one in the trash at the range yesterday, repeated issues. If it's not reliable it might as well go in the trash for me.

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    HI, OVERTHEHILLGUY here.....
    Sadly I sold my beloved Glock 43 a couple of months ago.
    Now I am having sellers regrets.
    I would purchase another G43 in a heart beat but, something is brand new on the horizon, the Sig 365.
    Loved my G43 but the Sig has a lot of features I like.
    Glock 43 has a proven track record, excellent!
    Sig is a new kid on the block with a record of some repute.
    I would love to hear your thoughts on the G43 vs the Sig 365.
    JT:oldwise:

Top Bottom