• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The 43 just fits some peoples hands better than a 19. My wife is the prime example of that.

Exactly , the release of the Glock 42 and later the G43 was the first time I was ever enthused abut the possibility of owning a Glock. Up until that point there was not a single Glock model I was interested in. The double stack Glocks were the most non-ergonomic grips for my hand across the entire line - none felt good. The G43 fit my hand very well but I did end up with a Smith Shield. But did pick up a G42 not long ago which is probably the best fit to my hand of any semi-auto defense gun.

And I like a thinner gun for concealment compared to a "fat" gun.
    View attachment 72896
    The single stack 42 and 43 compared to a 26.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I wish Glock would make a single stack 19. Same dimensions as the standard 19, thickness of the 43.

I'd buy that.

I carry my 43 with a +2. The thinner 43 carries a lot better than the 19 and doesn't print, even with the +2. I think people get caught up in the measurements on paper and fail to compare them in person. The difference in the thickness between the 26 and 43 is pretty substantial.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have a 43, but don’t run mag extensions. It’s the gun I carry when I’m being too lazy to carry my normal guns. I like shooting it. Very accurate even at longer distances.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    They worry about whether the gun will go bang every time.
    I have one. I'd have to pull up my notes which I rarely keep but have for this gun. But I think it has 422 rds through it with 2 malfunctions.

1. Same here. I wasn't going to mention it but some go 1000ish rounds and never have an issue with the 365.
    2. I had an issue right out of the box, scratched it off as not being ready/lubed fully from the factory.
    3. Put 300 rounds through it flawlessly, but then had another FTL out of the blue, and thought, well, it's like the Rami, it needs to be kept wet.
    4. Since I make sure it is oiled up I haven't had an issue but I am afraid to carry it w/o a back up.
    5. Never had such thoughts about my Glock 42, 43 and 26 or my Shield 9: always went bang.
    6. Feeling like I need to go to the range and put $200 of ammo through the 365 just to make sure it will run is irritating, which is how I felt about the Rami.
    7. I put through 60 rounds this week (while testing another gun) and a box a month ago, w/o issue, and will continue to do so.

And I like a thinner gun for concealment compared to a "fat" gun.
    View attachment 72896
    The single stack 42 and 43 compared to a 26.

8. I am the opposite, loving a "fat" grip: the Beretta 92 was my first introduction to that preference, but for CC, slim and trim is the hallmark, which is why the Glock 26 and Rami were so enjoyed for shooting since they weren't.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I just don’t get it with these people and the Glock 43. It was meant to be a concealable, small pistol for self defense. Why do people bother with magazine extensions? It’s for self defense and when used as such, 1-2 shots fired usually ends the confrontation. Peace. Out.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I just don’t get it with these people and the Glock 43. It was meant to be a concealable, small pistol for self defense. Why do people bother with magazine extensions? It’s for self defense and when used as such, 1-2 shots fired usually ends the confrontation. Peace. Out.

If you can get one or two more rounds in a marginally larger profile, why would you not?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you can get one or two more rounds in a marginally larger profile, why would you not?

1. That is why with the different guns mentioned here (and more), I've always bought the extensions, even if only marginally considered as a possible CC, just for my shooting pleasure.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I carry my 43 just as Glock intended, with the standard magazine with pinky extension. I like that I barely feel it. If I feel the need for more capacity, I'll go with my 19. I do have a couple 8 (or 9?) and 12 round ETS mags that I'll sometimes carry in a pocket or keep in my Jeep, but I don't carry it with them in the gun.

I can say this, though, for those who do. Some talk as if concealability is the only issue, and it is not. There are many. The 43 is thinner than the 19, whatever magazine you use, so there is that. BUT, the big thing for some folks is just how it feels and shoots. I think the 43 just feels nicer/better than most other guns, at least to me. I almost went with a Shield. I love the way the Shield feels in the hand, but I just don't shoot it as well as the 43, nor am I as accurate with it. The 43 just feels right. In a defensive situation, I'll take the good feel, better shot placement, and high confidence over a couple additional rounds. I also believe that in most defensive situations, the first few rounds are the most important, anyway.

Still, while I carry with the standard mag, I can see why someone would carry with an extension or ETS mag. This little gun is just a great shooter. The only handgun out there that I enjoy shooting more than the 43 is the 42, but it is so close, I'm probably going to sell my 42 just to rid myself of the additional cailber.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    BUT, the big thing for some folks is just how it feels and shoots. I think the 43 just feels nicer/better than most other guns, at least to me.

Exactly! That's why the G42 and G43 were the first Glocks I ever wanted to own. Few defense guns have ever felt so natural in the hand as those two for me.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    All things considered, including capacity, the M&P Shield is a better pistol.

That being said, if anybody feels like they want extensions, the Taran Tactical ones are pretty damn impressive.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville

That being said, if anybody feels like they want extensions, the Taran Tactical ones are pretty damn impressive.
    I disagree. The M&P has better capacity but I prefer the Glock in every other aspect.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I disagree. The M&P has better capacity but I prefer the Glock in every other aspect.

Yeah, well, you're wrong.

I’m okay with that.

hehehe...

1. :rofl::rofl::rofl::lmfao::laugh:
    2. Soooo funny!
    3. These comments remind me of things I don't say that I think, and I irritate others enough just in my lengthy verbiage (yes, I thought it was spelled "verbage" also, but google says differently :dunno:).
    4. But the fun way the difference of opinion was articulated here was enjoyable b/c it was w/o rancor and all done in good fun! Well done! :thumbsup:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

That is what I have on my magazines.

I had originally intended to just have an extension on my spare magazines and carry a flush fit mag in the gun, but the extra length isn't a big deal and now I have 2 more rounds ready to go.

Top Bottom