• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Welp! I bought the Sig 938 I am hoping to make it to the range tomorrow to shoot. I got the equinox model and it's a sweet little gun. Even the the right handed holster it came with will work perfect for me cause I'm a lefty and carry iwb. I'll post after I shoot
    You will love itpsyko

ram77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    This 938 shot amazingly! The accuracy starts to fade slightly past about 15 feet but will still shoot a fairly tight grouping. Up to 15 feet you've got tight groupings. The recoil is not bad at all which I think is attributed to the metal frame of the gun. I think it was definitely a solid choice over the other polymer framed guns just because of the size. I enjoy shooting it just as much as my XDS 4.0 it's just not quite as accurate. However for concealed carry and appendex carry it makes the perfect gun for daily use. I am going to get an extended mag with a pinky extender so it will hold 7+1 and having the pinky extender will be a perfect fit for my hand.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    This 938 shot amazingly! The accuracy starts to fade slightly past about 15 feet but will still shoot a fairly tight grouping. Up to 15 feet you've got tight groupings. The recoil is not bad at all which I think is attributed to the metal frame of the gun. I think it was definitely a solid choice over the other polymer framed guns just because of the size. I enjoy shooting it just as much as my XDS 4.0 it's just not quite as accurate. However for concealed carry and appendex carry it makes the perfect gun for daily use. I am going to get an extended mag with a pinky extender so it will hold 7+1 and having the pinky extender will be a perfect fit for my hand.
    You will really be impressed with the pinky extender, and still very easy to conceal. I work as a retail manager in a furniture store and it stays right in my front pocket!psyko

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I carry the G43 appendix all of the time and it is very comfortable. I shoot it as well and my larger guns so I am very comfortable carry it for self defense.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The XDS is a great firearm and shooter. If you already love the 4" model, the 3.3" model just makes sense. I've had both the 9 and 45, and loved them both, much more than the Shield in 9 or 40. I currently carry the Glock 43, as I am a fan of Glocks. However, use experience and personal preference in your decision making, as opposed to what someone else's opinion is.

Being a Glock guy, I will second this. If you already have and are used to one platform, it only makes sense to me to keep with that platform. The bonus to Glocks, not sure about the XD and XDS series, is the interchangability of the magazines and a lot of the parts. For example, if I like a specific slide stop, I can buy a second one and it should fit. As long as they are the same platform (IE 17/19/26, 22/23/27. etc)

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Midway usually carries the mags for a good price for Sig mags. I have 3 extra for mine, which is about 6 to 10 short of what most of my pistols have. I just recently put locktite on the guide rod. The guide rod is 2 pieces, and they loosen after a bit. Some guys have actually ejected them out of the pistol at the range. Sig will send you a new one, but your pistol will be out of commission for a few weeks. So keep an eye on it. You will have to train a lot so flipping the safety off is second nature. Be careful not to shoot your junk off. I used to appendix carry...much happier at 3 o'clock. Great little pistol. Enjoy! And congrats!

Ibuytumuch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Indy
    I've been thinking which to choose from these as well. I too am leaning towards the Sig. I have a xds45, but want something different. @Ram77 do you like shooting the Sig more compared to the xds?

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Have only shot the XDS and 938. Although I am huge XD fan (I have several) I did not like the feel of XDS9 and did not shoot it well. Wanted to like it but couldn't. Could be that specific one. The 938 is perfect for me. More accurate than I am and a pleasure to shoot and carry.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    My G43 has been solid up to this point. About 2000 through without a single hiccup. I have carried appendix. More often than not that's when I do a quick run to the store and back. Normally, it's not my preferred way to carry. In the 5 o'clock position, I hardly notice it's there. My shield still gets carried more than the Glock 43 though. I know it wasn't one of the choices, but it's still worth a look.

Top Bottom