• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I use Federal 124 HST +P and 147 HST +P in my pistols and standard pressure 147 HST in my Freedom Ord FX-9 8". I also like Hornady American Gunner 124 +P as it is cheap and very accurate out of my pistols. I usually by a couple boxes of this when I find it on sale.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Underwood or Buffalo Bore 115 grain Barnes xtp all copper. Expands great you can get in standard pressure +p or +p+.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Underwood or Buffalo Bore 115 grain Barnes xtp all copper. Expands great you can get in standard pressure +p or +p+.

The only concern with all copper is the petals tend to sheer off through the toughest intermediate barriers. They don't otherwise fragment, but this does turn them in to a wadcutter and give the potential to start tumbling before hitting the person behind the barrier. Otherwise they are solid performers and at a lighter weight than traditionally constructed bullets accomplish the same penetration/expansion.

Unless you're needing to shoot through car doors, unlikely to be an issue for most users most of the time, just something to be aware of.

Mr24g

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2024
    NWI
    My suggestion was going to be Federal HST in 147gr. And in so glad to see many people here agree with me.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I personally don't vary my defensive load based on what gun I shoot it out of.
    It's the ammo (not the gun) that effects what happens on target.
    I choose a round I like first. (based on reports of solid performance in the field)
    An inch or so of barrel one way or the other isn't gonna matter in the grand scheme of things.
    Whatever I'm packing around has to function with whatever load I picked.
    BTW, when it comes to 9mm, I picked the aforementioned 124 HST.
    Glock 45 / 43x... don't matter.

Top Bottom