• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This isn’t anything against you just your statement is an example. The Glock 48 and 43x is exactly what Glock designed. It’s that people never being happy trying to stuff more rounds in than intended was/is the problem. Shield and everyone else found out if reliable 15 round mags made like Glock makes mags wild work Glock would have done it.
    People seem to be having good luck with the 15 round PSA mags for the G43x and G48. Glock is not the end all, be all for knowing what works. Virtually every other manufacturer that makes a micro/compact slim 9 has better capacity and no problems with "making it work." The fact that the P365, the Hellcat, the Canik MC9, the FN Reflex, the Shield Plus all fit in a pocket and hold the same or more rounds than the G43x or G48 with their full size (albeit slim) dimensions shows how deficient the platform really is in comparison.

I’ll say this again people get way to fixated on mag capacity especially in small guns.
    That's because handguns suck at stopping people, so it's reasonable to want a higher capacity regardless of platform. I'm not leaving the house with a 5" tall pistol that only holds 10 rounds when I can have the same size (and better grip angle, to boot) with 14 or 15 rounds on board. And the same +50% force multiplier in a spare mag.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    People seem to be having good luck with the 15 round PSA mags for the G43x and G48. Glock is not the end all, be all for knowing what works. Virtually every other manufacturer that makes a micro/compact slim 9 has better capacity and no problems with "making it work." The fact that the P365, the Hellcat, the Canik MC9, the FN Reflex, the Shield Plus all fit in a pocket and hold the same or more rounds than the G43x or G48 with their full size (albeit slim) dimensions shows how deficient the platform really is in comparison.
    That's because handguns suck at stopping people, so it's reasonable to want a higher capacity regardless of platform. I'm not leaving the house with a 5" tall pistol that only holds 10 rounds when I can have the same size (and better grip angle, to boot) with 14 or 15 rounds on board. And the same +50% force multiplier in a spare mag.
    My point while I mentioned Glock. Was a lot of OEM parts the shield specifically has made guns less reliable. Time and time again regardless of make non OEM accessories make guns choke more times than they do not.

As far as the capacity statement I feel capacity is emphasized over accuracy WITH shot placement! The issue i see is LE and Civilians practice on unrealistic B27 (or the like) targets where an outer 8 ring or box is full value. And think they are “Awesome” when they make those 12-14” box hits However that same outer 8 ring hit on a real bad guy doesn’t stop so with ghat false sense and poor proficiency more rounds might not help.

Folks that practice on B8 repair centers or 3x5 cards with that 10 round anything are going to be more Proficient and Prepared than someone with a bunch of 17 round Brand X ultra X macro blaster!

At a class I got to view a picture of the bad guy Platt from the Miami shooting. He was on scene and still alive with IVs in him everything but underwear. He was shot something like 14 times to include a shotgun blast. There were ZERO hit in his torso/upper thoracic area. The one slow to be fated was a side hit through his arm into his heart that the 9mm Silvertip took blame for not working. Yet Evan Marshal reported several stops with the same 9mm 115 Silvertip

That’s why I feel people get too wrapped up on capacity. It’s always good to have more sure but to feel one needs it to shoot a bunch instead of training for accuracy and shot placement should be the emphasis over capacity.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As far as the capacity statement I feel capacity is emphasized over accuracy WITH shot placement!
    There is no reason that capacity should be emphasized over accuracy. But shot placement is not the end of the story. Bullets do weird things in the body. They change course, tumble, bounce off of bones. And sometimes, (eventually) fatal hits just don't shut the bad guy down like a light switch. More capacity to keep in the fight is never a negative.

Ask this master firearms instructor and police sniper...

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    There is no reason that capacity should be emphasized over accuracy. But shot placement is not the end of the story. Bullets do weird things in the body. They change course, tumble, bounce off of bones. And sometimes, (eventually) fatal hits just don't shut the bad guy down like a light switch. More capacity to keep in the fight is never a negative.

Ask this master firearms instructor and police sniper...

The story has been way over shared. Auto or any glass as he was shooting through yes bullets so weird things

Extended gunfights are not the norm for Joe and Jane civilians (yes someone can throw the Hamas attack in I’m not talking onesies here)

And while we know JHPs outperform ball and bonded outperform non bonded bullets deforming or bouncing on none don’t matter if you put them as Tom Givens says in class “collar bone to diaphragm between the nipples”
    And of course the brain box but that’s a little harder and you’ll have to chase that more than likely.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The story has been way over shared.
    There is no such thing as over sharing relevant data.
    Extended gunfights are not the norm for Joe and Jane civilians (yes someone can throw the Hamas attack in I’m not talking onesies here)
    Better to be prepared than to count on "muh 3 shots" FBI averages.

And while we know JHPs outperform ball and bonded outperform non bonded bullets deforming or bouncing on none don’t matter if you put them as Tom Givens says in class “collar bone to diaphragm between the nipples”
    And of course the brain box but that’s a little harder and you’ll have to chase that more than likely.
    Plenty of bad guys shot from the collar bone to the diaphragm didn't notice until hydraulic failure. And I'm betting they all had to be chased, as bad guys are generally not polite enough to stand still and hold a 3x5 card center mass so Lowcap McFudd can practice his carefully aimed slow fire.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Plenty of bad guys shot from the collar bone to the diaphragm didn't notice until hydraulic failure. And I'm betting they all had to be chased, as bad guys are generally not polite enough to stand still and hold a 3x5 card center mass so Lowcap McFudd can practice his carefully aimed slow fire.
    We can agree to disagree somewhat.

Yes there are “some cases” where a failure has happened. The Miami cross torso was fatal but he ran around for a few minutes so they blamed the Silvertip instead of the lack of tactics and marksmanship that was.

Also Working inside a high security Federal Penitentiary I saw my share of cartel, major gang banners and international terrorists walking around with hits from everything to include 308 rifles and 12 gauge. So yes there are those cases.

My point is to get the bad guy to stop a hit in the aortic thoracic or brain box is your best bet. And as my statement I stand by it, people so still get to wrapped up with capacity and not accuracy. A 17 round mag shouldn’t be the thing that gives the carrier confidence. Their proficiency should be. I know lots of revolver guys with 3” K frames that would out so speed and time a lot of folks on a Justin Dyal assessment drill on B8 repair centers!

People would be much better if they took classes similar to John Hearns Cognitive Pistol with Tactical anatomy and work on those things then have the hose blaster as their standby.

In most cases I have seen as well as researched (remember the old Marshall & Sanaw stopping power articles and books) when shooters failed to stop they failed due to lack of vitals hits not lack of bullets!

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I was actually thinking about sending in a G17 to https://www.boresightsolutions.com/ to have the grip cut to a G19 length. That gives a bit easier concealment (the grip tends to stick out for me) and a longer slide for slight improvement in velocity and longer sight radius. It also lets me keep magazine compatibility with my G19.

Boresight wants just a bit less $$ than the cost of a new pistol.

I think I need want one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For the G26x guys, just run the 15 round G19 mags with a grip sleeve. This way the gun itself will still accept all of the double stack 9mm Glock magazines. If I went with a G19 frame I might as well carry a G19.

IMG_1906.jpeg

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am once again requesting glock gives us the model 46.

E3B325C0-BCAA-4297-ADDE-7911D4EE7B52.jpeg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've shot a G26. It shot just like most other Glocks. Meh.

Recently though Vert has me convinced that I need to switch up and try a G26 as my ”deep cover” pistol. I don't need to deep cover much, but can't avoid it all together. Weddings, funerals, other family stuff that can't be avoided... :rolleyes:

The magazine compatibility of the G26 (with every other 9mm Glock mag length) is the deal maker on this thought. Icing on the cake is that the G26 will ride safely in any of the larger sized Glock holsters.

A downfall to be learned, with the longer grip is that if there is even one shorter mag around, it will eventually get inserted into the longer grip, only to disappoint. Found this with my sweet G45. Only keep one 15 rounder around, it lives in the G19. Still, when shifting things around, the short mag has more than once failed to seat in the G45. Enough to give pause...

:rolleyes:
    I've done the "deep" concealment thing witht the 26 for a few years. It doesn't work as well as something slimmer like the Sheild Plus or 365. It's just too fat. I found it extremely uncomfortable to carry appendix (which in my opinion is the best way to deep conceal) and just stuck with 3 o'clock carry. Which made me just go back to the 19 for edc. Not saying it can't be done but for what I wanted to do the Sheild Plus and now the 365XL do better than the 26.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What innovations would you like to see?

This is specifically for the people that cried about the 19x and 45 having long grip and short slide. Personally, I don't see a need for it but I also don't know what else they could or need to come out with.
    They have it, the 46 and the rotary barrel.

Me waiting for the 46:

1699972444031.png

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    This is actually one of my favorite Glock grip set-ups...sans the rubber wrap, and I prefer the X-Grip over the A&G grip.
    It fits comfortably in the mitt, doesn't have the Glock grip 'hump' at the heel, provides a 'natural' point-n-shoot angle, and is comfortable for EDC!

I have a couple X grips on G17 mags for it when it's on home duty

Patched

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 4, 2021
    Lake County
    Give me a Glock 26X. 19 frame with 26 slide.
    This. I would definitely buy this configuration. I can conceal the G19 grip, but find that the slide pokes me when in anAIWB holster. So the 49 is out for me. My next Glock is going to be the 45. I can use the same holster as for my G19. Have to get all-new G17 magazines, though. I'm trying to decide on MOS vs standard. Gotta love the choices we have!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This. I would definitely buy this configuration. I can conceal the G19 grip, but find that the slide pokes me when in anAIWB holster. So the 49 is out for me. My next Glock is going to be the 45. I can use the same holster as for my G19. Have to get all-new G17 magazines, though. I'm trying to decide on MOS vs standard. Gotta love the choices we have!

Couple thoughts...

I would always opt for the MOS versions going forward. Whether for your own use or the consideration for eventually selling, you want the option.

That said, when you put a taller RDS on a longer gripped pistol, that pistol becomes noticeably harder to conceal.

I ONLY carry 17 round mags on the belt. Any Glock mag less than 17 runs the risk of needing to go in a pistol it won't fit in.

The 15 round mag in my G19 is the only one not left in the original Glock case. It is only used to keep the pistol grip profile as short as possible.

:twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom