• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'm divided on these. Some of the New Offiaclly liscenced glock bb guns and airsoft stuff is so damned identical it will get someone killed, at the same time Why not? its cool.... Im split.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm divided on these. Some of the New Offiaclly liscenced glock bb guns and airsoft stuff is so damned identical it will get someone killed, at the same time Why not? its cool.... Im split.

Why would it get someone killed unless they tried to use it to commit a crime?

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    As a former retailer of airsoft, can share that many officers and military find them a useful training tool, they bought from me frequently. It is a low cost option that provides some realism and is useful for FOF, CQB, weapon manipulation, and other tasks. Your opponent knows when they've been hit usually. At close range it can break skin.

I still have an inventory of new pistols and rifles (AK variants, an M4 type or two, and even some rare MP5s). I have kept this hoping to find people interested.

When you buy quality airsoft guns they are serviceable, upgradeable and easy to order replacement parts for. Green gas or CO2, there are tons of models. I also have cases of quality Bbs left over.

Recently purchased a CO2 M&P 9 blowback and used it for a FOF class. Couldn't have been happier. My old standby was a USP knockoff and I still have a gas Mac 11, both full auto for fun/select fire. You can make magazine caps realistic by loading only what's found on the "real steel" version. Try a night simulation and you will be hooked! :rockwoot:

Make sure you get eye protection, buy quality in the gun and the Bbs (cheap Bbs ruin guns) and permission to use in the house. The Bbs can break windows and become slip hazards. Don't shoot anyone you haven't discussed it with beforehand! LoL.

All that said, I still think the future is UTM. I had a blast with the Glock 17 version at MTAC, and I've never wanted to buy a Glock! I can see the UTM conversions coming for more manufacturers soon, however get ready to pay $$$!

If anyone reading this is looking for info on airsoft, I'm happy to help, send me a PM and I will get you resources.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They're excellent tools for force on force/tactics training, albeit not as durable as more expensive options. I can attest to them breaking skin as I have several fading scars.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have both the UTM and airsoft glock options.

1. UTM is way more durable. I would break the airsoft in a heartbeat if it got put into our combatives work.
    2. The airsoft is WAAAAAY cheaper to shoot and people are less afraid of it.

Top Bottom