• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCFD713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Got my letter to take to the class today, looking forward to the class, and meeting INGO members. Glade to have other non-LEO's in class with me.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I will be there. Also being sent to "Advanced Glock Armorers" school in June. It is three days long. Not to sure on how anything Glock can take three days but training hours just the same.

jason

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Delaware Co.
    I will be there. Also being sent to "Advanced Glock Armorers" school in June. It is three days long. Not to sure on how anything Glock can take three days but training hours just the same.

I read that you couldn't attend the Advanced Armorer's class unless you've had your Armorer's cert for two years. Is that not the case?

MCFD713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Just wondering if you guys wanted to meet up outside before the class for a meet and greet kind of thing to put faces and names to the INGO screen names?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Seed shooter!

I plan to be there early, can't miss me, the toothless old fart with no hair! :)

PS: On the bright side I can do 1 inch groups at 10 yards with watermelon seeds.......................with my mouth closed!! :D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I read that you couldn't attend the Advanced Armorer's class unless you've had your Armorer's cert for two years. Is that not the case?

Don't know but I am signed up already. I do not schedule the training I just go where the brass say's to go.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I do believe the two years requirement is just for us civilians and does not apply to LEO or military. Contracts etc. supersede time requirements that apply to us mortals. :D

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I do believe the two years requirement is just for us civilians and does not apply to LEO or military. Contracts etc. supersede time requirements that apply to us mortals. :D

If that is the case that is one silly rule IMO. I fail to see why ones occupation would matter. But Glock does have some quirky ideas at times.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Dude, that class today was amazing. I learned more about a gun I have been shooting for years in 6 hours than I have in 4 years.

Who knew it could keep shooting with a broken trigger spring?

MCFD713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Yes we are lucky to have been in one of Joel's last classes. I wish I could remember all his quotes and stories. Also I trust the gun even more than I already do.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Much smarter without sleeping in Holiday Inn Express!

Yep, just one of the many things I learned today, not the least of which was that so much of what I thought I knew was wrong (why am I not surprised at that)?!! Can not wait to go to the advanced class once I am eligable and get into the real aspects of troubleshooting. All in all a great class and a great day! :D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    not the least of which was that so much of what I thought I knew was wrong

Yeah... I had quite a few of those moments today... Really makes me want to take an AR armorers course next and find out just how many misconceptions I have about that platform too.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I really wanted to join this, but my "real job" got in the way. Don't they know I have firearms to attend to.:dunno:

I will certainly be on the lookout for the next opportunity to sign up for the armorers course, provided it's not leo only.

Glad to hear it was worth it!

Top Bottom