• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Hypothetically if such a Glock should exist I would not want to have anything to do with it and specifically not want to carry it.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Whenever a LEO runs a check on a gun it checks all the way up threw the Federal Level. So no matter what if it comes back clean, he gets a free gun.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Some of you fail to realize that gun isn't legit at all.. i.e. different serial numbers on the slide and frame.. I would say is totally illegal in the United States.

To each his own though.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    everyone always talks about the e4 mafia, but the ncos are more crooked and devious than anyone else. and im an e5. just continuing to keep it real.

Of course they are, they've spent the time to learn the ropes.

They always b**ch... until they get promoted and switch sides. :D

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Of course they are, they've spent the time to learn the ropes.

They always b**ch... until they get promoted and switch sides. :D
    well, if you arent cheating, you arent trying hard enough. ive always been one to use every tool at my disposal to get my way.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    lets just say this whole tread is crooked....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

from hypothetical guns to cavity searches and gun smuggling. just another day at :ingo: so :welcome: to the real world.:D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Some of you fail to realize that gun isn't legit at all.. i.e. different serial numbers on the slide and frame.. I would say is totally illegal in the United States.

To each his own though.

I have a used Glock bought from a dealer (police trader I believe) and it has different serial #s on the slide and frame. Hope that doesn't mean anything bad :dunno:

Blazer6122

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Mismatched Glock

Sounds like it makes you uneasy. If that is the case that might make for a good answer. Always better to be "above reproach". I am not sure that it is worth getting into some potential hot water over $495. let us know what you end up doing!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The gun functions fine. I'm just worried about getting caught with a gun that may/may not be stolen. And I don't know if the "I bought it off an individual" excuse would hold any water.

So you think that an Iraqi Soldier might have stolen it from a Kuwaiti soldier 15 years ago and that has you worried? If the first part of your story were true, I guess I wouldn't worry about as there is no "police report" if it came from a weapons cache in Iraq (although there may be an issue of having "snuck" it into the country). If, on the other hand, if you don't think that part of the story is true, then you should get it checked out. Thirdly, the mismatched serial numbers are inconsequential to anything. There is no law that I'm aware of that requires you to keep the serial numbers matching, and many guns only have the serial number on one important part, the reciever.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

To each his own though.

The serial number on the frame is the only one that counts. Mis-matched serial numbers is no big deal as long as the head space is correct and the parts line up. I have an STG-58, a true FrankenFAL that has no serial numbers anywhere that match another, yet per ATF the number on the receiver is the official number of the firearm. Perfectly legal.

As for it being an illegal bring-back, how could anyone know unless they traced the firearm directly back to the factory to find out where it was originally shipped.

Granted it is safer to be legal with anything firearm related, but paranoia, great destroyer.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    You should hypothetically accept it, take it to the police, tell them you purchased it from a private seller and would like them to run it to make sure it was not stolen. Tell them if it was, they are welcome to take it, you just don't want to own a stolen weapon.

I can think of no police officer who would arrest you if it did come back as stolen, hypothetically.
    :noway:
    I think you are wrong. They would start in with 'who did you buy it from'? The 'buddy' is now a felon, or at least a suspect.

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Keep it, as long as it isn't a stolen US gun. It has a great/good story behind it; you must have done something good for your friend to give you the gun.

Laws come and go, but the universal truth is, the spoils of war go to the victor. Our fathers and grandfathers are not criminals simply because they brought back tangible memories of the wars that they fought in.

Top Bottom