• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm considering getting 357 SIG and 9mm conversion barrels for my G22. I would prefer black (but not always an option) and the 9mm barrel must be threaded. Anyone suggest one brand over another? Storm Lake, KKM, or Lone Wolf are my options. Or Glock OEM, that's another, but they don't make a threaded barrel conversion for a G22 to 9mm.

Just looking for an experienced suggestion - as much a 'stay away' as a positive review.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would just get a stock Glock 357 sig barrel that will run in a G22 no problem (mine does). As for the threaded 9mm conversion barrel I like lone wolf, you can get them in black.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm considering getting 357 SIG and 9mm conversion barrels for my G22. I would prefer black (but not always an option) and the 9mm barrel must be threaded. Anyone suggest one brand over another? Storm Lake, KKM, or Lone Wolf are my options. Or Glock OEM, that's another, but they don't make a threaded barrel conversion for a G22 to 9mm.

Just looking for an experienced suggestion - as much a 'stay away' as a positive review.

While this barrel isn't threaded, It's the most accurate 357 SIG barrel, I've ever seen, It's the BAR-STO barrel:rockwoot:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have always been happy with Lone Wolf.

I would stay away from the KKM in 9mm. They are chambered short and they require much deeper seating on certain style bullet noses due to the ogive hitting the rifling before the round is fully chambered.

Cannondale

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Glock Conversion Barrels I'm considering getting 357 SIG and 9mm conversion barrels for my G22. I would prefer black (but not always an option) and the 9mm barrel must be threaded. Anyone suggest one brand over another? Storm Lake, KKM, or Lone Wolf are my options. Or Glock OEM, that's another, but they don't make a threaded barrel conversion for a G22 to 9mm.

I have a Lone Wolf 357 Sig barrel that I use in my G22. I shoot a 115 JHP with 9.1g Longshot that chronographs at ~1500 fps. Initially I would have some FTF with the stock G22 recoil spring. I changed to a 20# spring and things work flawless. The Lone Wolf only set me back ~ $105 including shipping. The barrel is NOT the threaded model.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I have a Lone Wolf 357 Sig barrel that I use in my G22. I shoot a 115 JHP with 9.1g Longshot that chronographs at ~1500 fps. Initially I would have some FTF with the stock G22 recoil spring. I changed to a 20# spring and things work flawless. The Lone Wolf only set me back ~ $105 including shipping. The barrel is NOT the threaded model.

FTF how? FTE perhaps?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry, my problem was Failure To Feed not fail to fire. The round failed to consistently chamber with the factory recoil spring. This was fixed by a 20# spring

Out of curiosity, was the factory 17# spring in good condition ?

I have shot the .357 out of a G35, 22 and 32. I have used the wolf non captive 20# springs and also the factory 17's.... I have never had issues with either. Now, what I have had issues with is when I tried the Speer Gold Dot 125 gr HP. I loaded to Speers data on OAL ( 1.135 ) and had one FTF after another. Checking a facory round, I changed the depth to 1.125 and ran flawlessly since.

Cannondale

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Out of curiosity, was the factory 17# spring in good condition ?

I have shot the .357 out of a G35, 22 and 32. I have used the wolf non captive 20# springs and also the factory 17's.... I have never had issues with either. Now, what I have had issues with is when I tried the Speer Gold Dot 125 gr HP. I loaded to Speers data on OAL ( 1.135 ) and had one FTF after another. Checking a facory round, I changed the depth to 1.125 and ran flawlessly since.
    I believe the 17# spring was OK but I purchased the gun used. The OAL length I load to is 1.135 and feeds OK with the 20# Spring. I will try a new 17# factory spring and see if that feeds OK.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I ended up ordering a Lone Wolf Glock 22 Conversion black threaded 9mm barrel, and the standard stainless 357 Sig barrel. Looking forward to some suppressed shooting on Thursday morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

Bar-Sto barrels for all three calibers are on order, but we're looking at 8-12 weeks for delivery.

Thanks again for the input.

-Andrew

Top Bottom