• ...and so much more!
  • Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I am sorry to hear you have had issues.
    I reciently purchased a G19 Gen4 a couple of months back. Like you, I was concerned about the recoil spring issues. I have since put approximately 700 rounds through my G19 and have had only one FTE stovepipe (My Fault). It was due to the first joint of my thumb on my stong hand riding too high on the grip and rubbing the action on the back of the slide during recoil. I got a good little scrape out of it as well as the FTE.
    I have used 500 rounds of Winchester White Box 115Gr 9mm FMJ. I have also used 100 rounds of Remington UMC 115Gr 9mm JHP, 25 Rounds of Winchester PDX1 9mm +P 124Gr Bonded JHP, and 30 rounds of Winchester SXZ9 9mm 115Gr JHP

I have read during my research that the recoil spring issues only affect G19's manufatured before July 22nd using cheaper ammo with less than the manufaturer reccommended velocity. I do not know how one would tell when the manufacture date is on the pistol, but mine is working perfectly. Here is a link to the Glock Spring Replacement Page.

Here is a photo of my factory Recoil Spring. It is not very clearly marked '0-1-4' (poor iPhone photo)

Good luck to you getting the issue resolved. I love my glock, and I hope it doesn't sour your opinion of them.

IMG_0231.JPG

Last edited:

harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    I am sorry to hear you have had issues.
    I reciently purchased a G19 Gen4 a couple of months back. Like you, I was concerned about the recoil spring issues. I have since put approximately 700 rounds through my G19 and have had only one FTE stovepipe (My Fault). It was due to the first joint of my thumb on my stong hand riding too high on the grip and rubbing the action on the back of the slide during recoil. I got a good little scrape out of it as well as the FTE.
    I have used 500 rounds of Winchester White Box 115Gr 9mm FMJ. I have also used 100 rounds of Remington UMC 115Gr 9mm JHP, 25 Rounds of Winchester PDX1 9mm +P 124Gr Bonded JHP, and 30 rounds of Winchester SXZ9 9mm 115Gr JHP

I have read during my research that the recoil spring issues only affect G19's manufatured before July 22nd using cheaper ammo with less than the manufaturer reccommended velocity. I do not know how one would tell when the manufacture date is on the pistol, but mine is working perfectly. Here is a link to the Glock Spring Replacement Page.

Here is a photo of my factory Recoil Spring. It is not very clearly marked '0-1-4' (poor iPhone photo)

Good luck to you getting the issue resolved. I love my glock, and I hope it doesn't sour your opinion of them.

IMG_0231.JPG
    i think it will straiten itself out. i will be only shooting my reloads now wich are a little hotter than the rem umc ( i only shot that cause i didnt have any 9mm loaded when i bought the gun) this is my first glock and i have to say i enjoyed shooting it more than any other of my pistols, cant wait to shoot it at friday night steel this week!

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    On the topic of rounds (and aside from the recoil spring issue)... make sure you always use a +p rated round for defense ammunition. *BUT only in firearms that are +p rated. I believe all glocks are.

harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    I shot it at FNS last friday and was very pleased with the guns and my preformance. No malfunctions but i was using speer lawman ammo and that stuff is some hot 9mm several guys asumed that i was shooting a .40 or .45

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ok i bought a gen 4 Glock 19 and i really thought that they had fixed the problem but mine did fail to eject the casing 4 times out of 250 rounds. Has anyone had this problem at first but then found that the gun just needed a little breaking in and then it ran fine?

Until this post I had never seen "Glock" and "break in period" in the same sentence.

shooter651

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    I personally prefer the ergonomics of the Gen4 to the Gen3. Yes the Gen4's did have some problems when they first came out. From what I understand it was mostly with the 9mm and the recoil spring being to heavy. That said if manufactures never tried to develop new firearms or improved on existing models what would we all be using/carrying? Musket's ??
    I test every gun I own to make sure it works! When I bought my Gen4 I still carried my Gen3 until I was satisfied that the Gen4 was Worthy! Put about 500 rnd or FMJ's through it and then 50-100 of my carry HP's

Top Bottom