• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • super duty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Esat of Indy
    I have been thinking about buying a Gen 4 G19 or a G27, but after reading about all the problems they have not sure that would be the way to go. I want reliability and nothing less. Any suggestions? I am new to Glocks.

handkaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    I've heard issues too. But I'm guessing there rare considering how many they sell. If there was a huge issue then you would here way more about it. Glock has always been a reliable gun, and my opinion is they always will be.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    You should ultimately do what you're comfortable with. For me, I won't buy a gen 4 and my newest gen 3 was made in mid 2009, before the "dip extractor" became standard on all recently built Glocks.

My Gen 3's are flawless and I never eat brass, ever. Maybe that's luck of the draw, maybe not, but you don't see stories about the older Gen 3's not working properly as they are boringly reliable.

I would also never buy an E series GLock, but to put it into perspective, I wouldn't buy a .40 Glock either, but that's just me. Do your research and act accordingly. :)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We've issued close to 1600 Gen4 G22 pistols in the past year, most have been in service since Feb/Mar and none of them have been problematic. I own a Gen4 23 & Gen4 27 and they have been flawless. Most of the Gen4 extraction & ejection issues have been with the 9mm pistols but it appears Glock has corrected the issue.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've been issued the Glock 22 in gen 2, 3, and 4. The only one I ever had issues on was the Gen 3 when a weapon light was attached. About 1 in 50 rounds it would fail to have the slide fully go back into battery. It was 100% reliable with nothing hung on the rail.

It was a very common issue department wide and Glock switched out our mags to ones with stiffer springs to no avail, so we went to Gen 4s. My Gen 4 has been 100% reliable with or without a light on the rail.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have been thinking about buying a Gen 4 G19 or a G27, but after reading about all the problems they have not sure that would be the way to go. I want reliability and nothing less. Any suggestions? I am new to Glocks.
    I have ALWAYS been told that GLOCKS are "perfection" there is NO way there are "problems" with them.... NO I don't own one, but I have shot two.... I am a S&W guy ..... :twocents: :laugh:

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Watching this hickok45 video will show erratic ejection more so during rapid fire. Some are just inches from his right shoulder coming directly at the camera. Will the this get worse with use? Is it acceptable? I don't know but I'm not buying one at this time, maybe later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JeD8Zs0ElI

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    As a long time Glock owner, G17 in 1988 and G19 in 1989 I love my new Gen 4 G19 and havent had any issues with it whatsoever....

Personally I dont care for the 3rd gens, so I have 2nd gen and now 4th gens. mainly I like the 9mm and .45acp models.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    My Glock 23 Gen4 has been flawless with a few hundred rounds now. I never really heard about any problems with the Gen4 .40 caliber pistols, only the 9mm's when they first came out.

I have full confidence in my Glock Gen4 .40 and .45 pistols. :yesway:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    We've issued close to 1600 Gen4 G22 pistols in the past year, most have been in service since Feb/Mar and none of them have been problematic. I own a Gen4 23 & Gen4 27 and they have been flawless. Most of the Gen4 extraction & ejection issues have been with the 9mm pistols but it appears Glock has corrected the issue.

We have around 200 Gen4 9mm Glocks and have had a lot of issues. I do believe they are corrected now with the new ejector I put in them, though. Since I switched them out I haven't seen nearly as many malfunctions at the range as I was before.

The ejector also fixed the erratic ejection issue shown in the previous video. The reason for it was that the ejector was the same as the one for the .40 handguns (I believe, this may have been changed before we were issued the Gen4's we have, but it didn't fix the problem). Some of the 9mm brass would miss the ejector completely and bounce out of the gun off the locking block. Those would be the rounds that hit you in the face or head. Ejection was also erratic as the brass would hit the ejector differently just about every time, so you were getting brass going in all over.

The Gen3 22s we had earlier would place a pile of brass in a six inch circle if you were shooting at a target standing still. Our Gen4 9mm are almost as consistent now.

If I were to go out asnd buy a handgun for myself today, it would be a Gen3 9mm.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've repaired several for people but haven't heard any complaints recently so it would appear that Glock has the problem solved.
    I have a Gen 4 coming so I will be able to weigh in on the issue soon.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    My Gen 4 22 has had 2 to the forehead and one to the eyeball with 1 fail to eject in the first 300 or so rounds. Since then no issues and I'm up to around 5-700 or so. Losing count the higher I go. Seems to be working better the more it is breaking in.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've had my Gen4 for about a year it probably has a little over 3000 rounds through it. It started getting a lot of stovepipes (about one every 50-100 rounds). I have about 1000 rounds through it since the ejector change (I changed out the recoil spring assembly at the same time with the same part #) and the only issue I still have is the slide doesn't usually lock back on the last round.

Top Bottom