kaboom_02-tfb.jpg

Last edited:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    From Carolina Shooters Forum.....

Appears to be reloaded .40 S&W round did not fully seat leaving case unsupported.

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT RELOAD 40 FIRED FROM A GLOCK!!!! NOTHING AGAINST GLOCK SAME GUN AFAIC JUST DIFFERENT GRIP ANGLES. Glock has an unsupported chamber and expands and bulges the brass, even when resized it may not fully chamber, please for your own safety inspect all your brass it is clearly visable if it has been fired from a Glock, do NOT reload that brass...

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Injuries?

Seeing that left side blow out of the pistol and most people being right handed, that explosion was aimed towards the shooter's head, probably. I wonder what injuries were sustained, if any.

Bad news for the shooter.

Terry

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    From Carolina Shooters Forum.....

Appears to be reloaded .40 S&W round did not fully seat leaving case unsupported.

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT RELOAD 40 FIRED FROM A GLOCK!!!! NOTHING AGAINST GLOCK SAME GUN AFAIC JUST DIFFERENT GRIP ANGLES. Glock has an unsupported chamber and expands and bulges the brass, even when resized it may not fully chamber, please for your own safety inspect all your brass it is clearly visable if it has been fired from a Glock, do NOT reload that brass...
    So, even if the gun isn't a Glock, we can still blame a Glock. You should work for the global warming movement and explain how global cooling is really another form of global warming and fits the model.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Just goes to show that you cant be to careful when reloading. Is it just my noobness or do most pistols not blow out the polymer. Most KBs ive seen affect the slide but this one looks like only the polymer was blown out. Heck the slide looks perfect (from this angle). Molding defect? or am I just a noob and this happens all the time I just dont notice it?

Edit: I guess it isnt to rare for that kind of polymer damage, but most guns I find still blew the chamber up so im still wondering about a frame defect.

Last edited:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    So, even if the gun isn't a Glock, we can still blame a Glock. You should work for the global warming movement and explain how global cooling is really another form of global warming and fits the model.

Wow you have an attitude problem.:rolleyes:

I guess instead of educating yourself you just prefer to think you know it all...

Who is blaming a GLOCK??

The defective reloads are to blame!!

It is proven FACT!!! The chamber on a GLOCK is unsupported it DOES bulge the brass.

All Tupperware pistols will KB if there is a overpressure problem, please do some research before insulting somebody.

Unlike Global warming the brass issue is proven, I wouls expect an apology for the insult. Let's see if you are as good a man as you try to make yourself out to be.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Plastic Kaboom Bedtime Story For Wee Future Gun Nuts.

:popcorn:

Once upon a time a Plastic pistol named glock went Kaboom.

A Plastic pistol named XDm tried so hard to be as Tacticool as Glock it decided to go Kaboom too.

PROVING once and for all that all Plastic Pistols are created equal in every way. Even if it isn't a positive one.

The End. :D

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Someone find me an account of an XD blowing up with factory ammo. Until that happens the glock guys don't have a leg to stand on. I know this is an attempt at a bitter "I told you so" moment, but it only proves the care that needs to be taken when reloading. Screwed up reloads will blow up any gun. Factory ammo will blow up glocks.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow you have an attitude problem.:rolleyes:

I guess instead of educating yourself you just prefer to think you know it all...

Who is blaming a GLOCK??

The defective reloads are to blame!!

It is proven FACT!!! The chamber on a GLOCK is unsupported it DOES bulge the brass.

All Tupperware pistols will KB if there is a overpressure problem, please do some research before insulting somebody.

Unlike Global warming the brass issue is proven, I wouls expect an apology for the insult. Let's see if you are as good a man as you try to make yourself out to be.

I believe you misread my attitude. I was grinning when I wrote what I wrote. Please accept my apology for offending you. That was not my intent. In fact, I thought you were someone else posting instead of who you are. I hardly know you, so I should have been more careful in my poking.

I don't know it all. I don't know much of anything when it comes to guns, really. I wonder where you got the idea that I think I know it all.

Usually, if I don't know something I just keep my mouth shut. So I can see where you would think I'm a know-it-all, because when I speak, I usually do know what I'm talking about.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sorry, guys. I retract the thread. I forgot how weird and touchy the anti-Glock people can be. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    :popcorn:

Once upon a time a Plastic pistol named glock went Kaboom.

A Plastic pistol named XDm tried so hard to be as Tacticool as Glock it decided to go Kaboom too.

PROVING once and for all that all Plastic Pistols are created equal in every way. Even if it isn't a positive one.

The End. :D
    :lol2: Agreed. I see what this is though, you see how clean that gun is?
    The glock people were so embarrassed they finaly broke down, went out, got a SA and put the whammy to it.:laugh:
    This has gone to a whole new level:D

Top Bottom