• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Sorry, guys. I retract the thread. I forgot how weird and touchy the anti-Glock people can be. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

It is NOT anti-Glock look at most of the post we seem to understand and blame a bad reload for blowing up a plastic pistol..:)

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    It is NOT anti-Glock look at most of the post we seem to understand and blame a bad reload for blowing up a plastic pistol..:)
    Again, you are assuming I was speaking about you and your assumption is incorrect.

By your join date and post count, I see you are a relative newbie here. Obviously, you know firearms. Maybe it is INGO that you don't understand very well. You certainly don't understand me. I can live with that. Few people understand me. I'm going to pretend that you aren't here, kind of like an annoying guy at work that I really don't have to work with very often. OK? Mutual agreement to stay away from one another?

I don't dislike you. I just don't know you and you seem to dislike me. I'm absolutely fine with that. Just stay on your side of the bed and let me sleep in peace.

There are some people on INGO who will spew bile on anything Glock and spew bile on anyone who likes Glocks and spew bile on anyone who says anything bad about his particular choice of firearms. One of thos guys came into this thread. It had been so long since we had one of those arguments that I had actually forgotten.

I'd rather let it drop. For me, INGO is kind of like a family. I like talking to the people I like, but when the weird uncle shows up, I'd rather take my conversation somewhere else. Life is too short to waste it talking to people who aren't listening but only spouting.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Big John or anyone,
    Does anyone have any links to other webpages that could show what to look for on Glock-fired brass? Interested in what the bulge looks like and how to find it. I would like to know what to look for when inspecting brass that was not neccessarily fired from my guns.

Thanks!:ingo:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Sorry, guys. I retract the thread. I forgot how weird and touchy the anti-Glock people can be. Kind of takes the fun out of it.

The thing is, this didn't have to be a glock thread. You made it a glock thread with the title. If you would have approached this as a cautionary thread about reloading or even as an example to those that think a gun with a fully supported chamber can't kb at all, under any circumstances then there wouldn't have been much conflict if any at all. You knew it would happen.

The title and OP were your own form of "bile" spewing. You shouldn't be surprised when you create that thread to rile people up and they actually get riled up.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You shouldn't be surprised when you create that thread to rile people up and they actually get riled up.

Even though I'm an unrepentant Glock advocate, I gotta agree with this. I knew what this thread was going to devolve into as soon as it was posted.

So let me just throw these up:

:rules: :mods:

and say that civil discussion may continue, but if the "Glock vs. XD vs. the world" peeing contest starts up again or if we have any personal attacks, pointless arguments, flaming, trolling, etc, this thing is getting locked.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Big John or anyone,
    Does anyone have any links to other webpages that could show what to look for on Glock-fired brass? Interested in what the bulge looks like and how to find it. I would like to know what to look for when inspecting brass that was not neccessarily fired from my guns.

Thanks!:ingo:

Glock firing pins are rectangular. The indentation on the primer will be different then usual. There may be other guns with a similar firing pin that I'm not aware of but if you pick up brass that you didn't fire and see a rectangular indention on the primer it was probably fired out of a glock. Or......

It will look like this...

overpressure.jpg

Ok. I got my bile spewing out of the way for the day. In all seriousness, You may or may not have to worry about bulged cases. It doesn't happen all the time. It doesn't even happen most of the time, but it happens. The only way to fix it is to use a roll sizer and most reloaders don't keep one of those around.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've seen examples of KB guns from virtually every major mfg and virtually all models that have sold in any significant quantity (semiautos, bolt action rifles, doesn't matter). The modern mfg all seem to do a pretty good job. The designs are good. Margins of safety are built into the products (the lawyers see to that I expect). BUT, no one's perfect. The materials we work w/aren't perfect. Heat treatments can get screwed up. All guns aren't x-rayed or MPI'ed for flaws (or we'd pay through the roof). And, people do dumb things or aren't careful (i.e. bore obstructions, reloads, etc.). It's not something I worry about unless it seems to be a significant problem with a particular model.

The Gun Zone -- 1911 kB!

(Sorry, Chefcook, I couldn't resist. All in good fun, eh? ;) I do like 1911's!)

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I knew what this thread was going to devolve into as soon as it was posted.

Of course, you're right. I wasn't thinking when I posted the link with this title. That was my mistake. I was trying to be funny and it backfired, or rather, KBed.

Has anyone heard of a Desert Eagle KB? The bolt on that thing looks like rifle bolt and the barrel is as thick as it can be and still be liftable. If my DE ever KBs, I'll donate whatever is left of it to science. And my organs, too.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Great find. Thanks for showing us rookies exactly what is being discussed.

It looks like my son's 1911.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Man, i bash the non glock lovers because its fun and entertaining.... i didnt realize that people ACTUALLY take offence to it.... come on guys, its just a gun.

and as for using bulged brass.... 1 very few brass cases get the bulge, and its more often in the .45 calibers. ( i am on 15 firings on some of my glock 40 brass with not bulges out of a 22 and 27) 2. even if the case were bulged, what are the odds of the round being put into the magazine, then chambered so the weakened portion of the case would be in a place to rupture.... there are other forces here at work, that have NOTHING to do with it being previosly fired brass from a glock....

Top Bottom