• ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Man, i bash the non glock lovers because its fun and entertaining.... i didnt realize that people ACTUALLY take offence to it.... come on guys, its just a gun.

and as for using bulged brass.... 1 very few brass cases get the bulge, and its more often in the .45 calibers. ( i am on 15 firings on some of my glock 40 brass with not bulges out of a 22 and 27) 2. even if the case were bulged, what are the odds of the round being put into the magazine, then chambered so the weakened portion of the case would be in a place to rupture.... there are other forces here at work, that have NOTHING to do with it being previosly fired brass from a glock....
    :+1: I've fired tons of .40 glock reloads...Here's a hint...USE A CASE GAUGE!! If the round wont fit in there, it wont fit in the chamber and you wont have to worry about any bulging.
    In fact I think the non-glock guys just get jealous of our "Bulges":laugh:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    seriousbusiness.jpg

no kidding:D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    From Carolina Shooters Forum.....

Appears to be reloaded .40 S&W round did not fully seat leaving case unsupported.

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT RELOAD 40 FIRED FROM A GLOCK!!!! NOTHING AGAINST GLOCK SAME GUN AFAIC JUST DIFFERENT GRIP ANGLES. Glock has an unsupported chamber and expands and bulges the brass, even when resized it may not fully chamber, please for your own safety inspect all your brass it is clearly visable if it has been fired from a Glock, do NOT reload that brass...
    1. the poster in carolina shooters did not have first hand knowledge of the kb.
    2. There is no first hand evidence that the ammo had ever been fired from a Glock, or been reloaded.
    3. Glock is not the same gun as XD.
    4. what is AFAIC?
    5. What are you talking about?

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    1. the poster in carolina shooters did not have first hand knowledge of the kb. OK
    2. There is no first hand evidence that the ammo had ever been fired from a Glock, or been reloaded. OK
    3. Glock is not the same gun as XD. Plastic Fantastic Pistols
    4. what is AFAIC? As Far As I'm Concerned
    5. What are you talking about?
    The fact that as you seem to have missed I am not blaming Glock, All Plastic Pistols will KB if there are over pressure problems. AND to be careful with your reloading and/or only use factory ammo. To me this is a post over safety concerns.

Not who's Glock is bigger...
    :D

By the way my XD is tiny... 40XD SC Prefer the grip angle otherwise I would have bought a Glock I wanted a plastic pistol the CZ is too heavy, the Checz (sp) use real metal..

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I did see an XDm have some issues with a poor couple at the range once: The gun would not go into battery (but didn't fire) and the extractor tended to not want to extract shells. :D Other XDms are nice though and very accurate shooters (reliable so far too).

Out of battery will complode ANY weapon if it fires.

I guess that is what the "m" in XDm stands for: Mangler! :D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The fact that as you seem to have missed I am not blaming Glock, All Plastic Pistols will KB if there are over pressure problems. AND to be careful with your reloading and/or only use factory ammo. To me this is a post over safety concerns.

Not who's Glock is bigger...:D

ok, well if your warnings had nothing to do with the XDM in question, then why post them in this thread? Why not start a new thread about using reloads in glocks?
    By the way my XD is tiny... 40XD SC Prefer the grip angle otherwise I would have bought a Glock I wanted a plastic pistol the CZ is too heavy, the Checz (sp) use real metal..

That's great. You don't have to justify your XD to me. :dunno: I have an XD40 4" and an XD40SC. And no glocks.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    [/color][/color] ok, well if your warnings had nothing to do with the XDM in question, then why post them in this thread? Why not start a new thread about using reloads in glocks? Because it was a thread about XDMs I just checked the link the OP supplied and came back with the reload info. Using cases from Glock was what I was talking about.

That's great. You don't have to justify your XD to me. :dunno: I have an XD40 4" and an XD40SC. And no glocks.

:ingo:

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    We shake our heads over the Hutus vs. the Tutsis. We can't believe the Irish were/are fighting over religion.

Yet, here at INGO we still must find a way to divide ourselves. Glock vs. XD:n00b:

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    I don't recall ever seeing people feverishly debate over berettas or 1911's, or something of that nature.

The solution must be to just not buy guns made of plastic :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    We shake our heads over the Hutus vs. the Tutsis. We can't believe the Irish were/are fighting over religion.

Yet, here at INGO we still must find a way to divide ourselves. Glock vs. XD:n00b:

It's OK, we come together to poke fun at Hi-Points. :D

Top Bottom