• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTA grad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I believe a choppper is street slang for a ak 47, which I didnt know 50rd mags are avavilable:rolleyes: and as for the glock much like the reputation of the ak has been field tested and proven to be reliable and well able to withstand the elements.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    The 50 rounders have been made, but they're more novelty pieces more than anything. Typically, i think they were two 30 rounders welded together, with a ridiculous spring stuck in there.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    What's a chopper with 50 round clip???:dunno:

mmmm....how about a gat with a 72 round snare....

suomihandgun.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Given my proximity to the GI, I am familiar with the term "chopper"
    Chopper is a slang term for a weapon that closely resembles an assault weapon as defined by the 1994 assault weapons ban, usually referring to a Kalishnikov pattern rifle.

(see also: heater, gat, piece, strap)

Joe earns his street cred by acting as translator to uptight white folks :n00b:

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    glock's are quality handguns, just wish I could afford one, maybe someday. I don't think they are as pretty as some. Like the old stainless Smiths or the new Ruger 1911. Now those are pretty pistols. Am going to come to one of your meets out at Winimac, I want to see if your glock can outshoot some of my cheap military surplus pistols. I'm sure they will, but I have to see to believe.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I want to start by saying,I'm not for or against Glocks but, I own one so this isn't a bashing post, just some "comments" from a coworker.(who obliviously,knows more than me) At work today,I'm thumbing thru a Glock catalog from The Glock Store when a coworker comes over and asks what I'm reading? Tell him "it's a Glock catalog" so, he asks if I have one? I tell him "ya,a model 19" Here we go, he proceeds to tell me how "Glocks are good guns but, in a gunfight, being as how they are all plastic, when they get hot, they jam". All I could do is look at him like,are you really that ignorant? Then he goes on to tell me that "most guys nowadays carry a chopper with 50 round clips" Yes,it's official, I work with the mentally challenged!

Challenged, fought and beaten to a pulp as I see it

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    ...that explains the really fine print on the bottom of both my Glocks:

Notice: Always allow firearm to fully cool to room temperature between rounds. Glock Inc. is not responsible for meltfunctions that may occur during gunfights on the street. In such cases, a choppa with a 50 round clip (yes, we said "clip!") is, apparently, recommended by some guy who knows.

:rolleyes:

Haikufunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    You should have told him that if it heated up in a fire fight it would be fine. You would merely pull out your tactical firehose (use your imagination) and cool it down. Don't you know that is what the SPECOPS Community does?

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I believe a choppper is street slang for a ak 47, which I didnt know 50rd mags are avavilable:rolleyes: and as for the glock much like the reputation of the ak has been field tested and proven to be reliable and well able to withstand the elements.

Drum magazines are available for the AK47 variants.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I hate to tell y'all this, but the guy is right. A Glock 19 heats up something fierce after about 12-13 rounds, usually rendering the gun useless until it cools. That's why I carry a Glock 7. The ceramic dissipates the heat. I can usually go 50-60 rounds before it starts jamming :draw:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Wasn't the Tommy gun also called a chopper back in the day

So I suppose this Glock never go hot enough to jam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

I guess if you gun fight goes over 300 rounds it may over heat and jam on you.

Here's a full auto 19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNbJeNHDTZs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8xCB2r6V9c

Here's a 35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_0HZKCAb30

Here's a way to keep it cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6WUSnALoRc&feature=related

Kind of reminds me of this guy I worked with. He once told me his 86 monte carlo had a twin turbo charged v6, with a wipple blower and fuel injection. It mad 1500hp, but the botton end was still stock, so it was capable of making much more. It also had stock exhaust, so it sounded stock. And no he couldn't show me under the hood, because the latch was stuck. Yes he was serious.

Last edited:

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Given my proximity to the GI, I am familiar with the term "chopper"
    Chopper is a slang term for a weapon that closely resembles an assault weapon as defined by the 1994 assault weapons ban, usually referring to a Kalishnikov pattern rifle.

(see also: heater, gat, piece, strap)

:D pralley sompton billo and hillo clintoneitas thought up to demonize a semi-auto rifle. jeeeeze

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I want to start by saying,I'm not for or against Glocks but, I own one so this isn't a bashing post, just some "comments" from a coworker.(who obliviously,knows more than me) At work today,I'm thumbing thru a Glock catalog from The Glock Store when a coworker comes over and asks what I'm reading? Tell him "it's a Glock catalog" so, he asks if I have one? I tell him "ya,a model 19" Here we go, he proceeds to tell me how "Glocks are good guns but, in a gunfight, being as how they are all plastic, when they get hot, they jam". All I could do is look at him like,are you really that ignorant? Then he goes on to tell me that "most guys nowadays carry a chopper with 50 round clips" Yes,it's official, I work with the mentally challenged!

WOW. I have heard plenty of silly things and that's right up there with the best of them!

NOT that I am recommending anyone try this but, I've put my Glock 35 frame (stripped) in the dishwasher (top rack) to see what would happen. I took it out, inspected it, reassembled it, took it to the range and shot the hell out of it. Works fine (and it was never cleaner :D)!

Top Bottom