• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    In all honesty, though, H/P's are fine plinkers and fun for that purpose, but you ought to think long and hard before trusting your life to one.

More to the point, the C9 does not fall into the "subcompact" category the OP was asking about. Some of the other suggestions may not, either, but the C9 is a big, heavy gun by anyone's definition (though maybe not in comparison to the JHP series Hi-Points).

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I just wanted to be one that started another Glock thread.

I have a 26, but the other day I handled a couple of Ruger 9mm guns, and they were very nice. The shop owner said he currently carries a Glock 26, but he would have no reservations with the Rugers. They are about 100 bucks less than the Glocks and apparently are just as good. They look fantastic.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    More to the point, the C9 does not fall into the "subcompact" category the OP was asking about. Some of the other suggestions may not, either, but the C9 is a big, heavy gun by anyone's definition (though maybe not in comparison to the JHP series Hi-Points).
    "anyones"? I bought the .45 instead of the C-9 cause the C-9 seemed like a little girl gun to me.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I believe the OP inquired after quality weapons . . . .

(sorry, couldn't resist).

In all honesty, though, H/P's are fine plinkers and fun for that purpose, but you ought to think long and hard before trusting your life to one.
    Did you read the reveiw that Cyrisalship1 posted http://Hi-Point Firearms
    Call it ugly if you want. They are heavy, but that doesn't bother me, but they are not at all unreliable. Yes i do trust my HiPoint to fire when I pull the trigger.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Did you read the reveiw that Cyrisalship1 posted http://Hi-Point Firearms
    Call it ugly if you want. They are heavy, but that doesn't bother me, but they are not at all unreliable. Yes i do trust my HiPoint to fire when I pull the trigger.

I have owned Hi-Points, but never this model. I will defer to your superior experience with the subject matter.

Haans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Muncie
    You might consider the Sig P250, and get ahold of the subcompact frame for it.
    Other possibilities include the aforementioned Walther PPS, or getting a compact pistol rather than a subcompact (i.e. the S&W M&Pc or a Walther P99c).

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I have a G19, and it carries well. But, I want something to run with, take care of kids while out with and something that is a little more comfortable as I carry centerline front IWB.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'd like to shoot one of the little Taurus Millenium series guns some day. If they work well, they seem like a good value.
    I like my PT-111 Millenium. It's the only thing compact I own...so it's what I carry most of the time. I've fired several hundred rounds from it and have never had an FTF (fire or feed). It does have a heavy tirigger...but that's what I like. When I pull the trigger...I want to know I pull it. I have fairly large hands and with the mag extensions, it still is very comfortable. If the entire Millenium line is as good as this (and I've heard they are with the exception of a couple of the 1st generation models) I don't think you'd be disappointed. It's not a Glock...but every bit as dependable. I have a couple of those...and wanted something different.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom