• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I got a brand new glock 27 today. I bought the pinky extensions for the magazines. I got home and have been trying to get the old bases off. I know you push down on the circle on the bottom then squeeze the sides of the magazines and it should come off. Any one know a better way or anything that could make this any easier???

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I think I posted this once before. That little nub you are pushing down on is not a rod or a stick; it is a bump on a plastic plate, and it is only as tall as the base of the mag is thick. Continue pushing on it until that plate compresses the magazine spring enough for the plate to slide down into the magazine beside the spring; this is a 90 degree orientation change, and you WILL think that you broke it, but don't worry, I promise you didn't.

At that point, take whatever tool you have been using, insert it into the hole in the base of the mag, and use it to pry the magazine baseplate off of the magazine by applying force laterally. You shouldn't need to squeeze the sides of the mag, but please note that the baseplate only slides off in one direction.

Re-assembly is easy enough; put the little plate with nub on top of the spring, use it to compress the spring, slide your baseplate on. Voila.

glock-magazine-body-follower-spring-insert-floor-plate-disassembled.jpg

You can see here the little plate that you are pushing on, with the nub. It sits flat against the base of the magazine when in position, and you want to push it so that it is standing upright within the magazine, beside the spring. Thats the trick.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Yup, what BlueEagle said. I'd also recommend a good Youtube video or three on the topic, if I knew one off hand. There are a lot on the subject; some good, some ...notsomuch.

Initially, I used a small screwdriver that fit in the hole. Since then, I've purchased the Glock tool and, while it's way over priced, it made the process significantly easier.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I ended up using and pair of broken tweezers to push the plastic bump down then putting the edge of the base on the edge of the counter and pushed till it flew off. It worked so I'm happy.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I tried to do the "squeezing" method, but I could never get it to work. Just wound up leaving scratches on the sides of the magazine. Once I figured out that I could pop that little plate down into the magazine further, though, I got it off no problem.

Top Bottom