• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway
    I just returned from the 1500 with 2 "police demo" 17rd magazines for my G17. The followers in them are different, otherwise they appear identical.

Mag 1 follower: upper left says "9mm", upper right says "4"
    Mag 2 follower: lower right says "9mm3"

Are there magazines specific to the generation? I kind of assumed that they would all work, but that's just me...

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I don't think it will make a difference. I'ved used Gen 2 mags in a Gen 3 and a Gen 4 without issue. Looking at my mags, both my Gen 2 mags and my Gen 4 mags say "9," (or "6,") in the corner.

Shouldn't be an issue; only way to tell is to put some rounds down-range, though. Need another excuse?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The different markings on the follower indicate a different generation or revision of follower; I believe the 9mm followers are up to revision 8 or 9 now. There have also been several changes to the mag bodies themselves over the years. Neither of these things correlates directly to the pistol/frame generation.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The only gun that requires specific mags would be the 4th gens if you switched the mag release lever to the left hand side. Other than that id imagine the only differences would be in spring technology or something... :dunno: i have no idea

Top Bottom