• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    He mentioned something about different numbers on the followers but it doesn't really matter. I believe the number only identifies the black from the orange but I would have to dig in my manual. Several folks put the orange followers in their gen 4 mags.

Like I mentioned earlier the only show stopper for the magazines is the gen 1-3 will not work in a left handed mag release set up which is a Gen 4-5 feature so all mags since 2009 when the Gen 4 came out have the ambi cuts for the ambi mag release set up. So all mages now even Gen 3 new Glocks (unless it's been NIB for a decade have the new gen 4 ambi mag release cuts.

Do you remember how they got the orange followers to install in the gen 4 mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Silver sharpie on the side of the mag. #1,2, etc. and initials.

l7tIIr0.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    There is something about using the correct follower in the correct liner, and having the slide catch work properly after the mag is emptied. #6 is available in orange or black. Black is half the price.

o9y2VuQ.jpg

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    There is something about using the correct follower in the correct liner, and having the slide catch work properly after the mag is emptied. #6 is available in orange or black. Black is half the price.

o9y2VuQ.jpg

Awesome. Found them at the Glockstore. Thanks for the tip.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of info floating around on the differences.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I was thinking the same thing. Not a lot of information is shared to the gun owner. Makes me wonder if they know what is going on in Georgia, or Austria.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I installed orange followers in everything other than my practice mags without issue.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Do you remember how they got the orange followers to install in the gen 4 mags?

Just my presuming they put them in after disassembly as it was only touched on and stated you can get the orange followers if that was your thing. As Magazines are a disposable item and are 21-30 bucks I'd just get the one you want and press on.

Top Bottom