• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    Glock 19....With the slide locked back on an empty mag (emergency reload, slide lock reload...) the glock magazines do not really shoot out. They fall out by gravity only. There is no assist from the magazine follower spring like other pistols I own. Usually this means that my left hand is coming up with a fresh mag and the empty one has not fallen out yet.

Now, I know I can change my technique with the "Glock Flip" or by stripping the mag before grabbing the new one. This is not a question about training techniques. This is a quest to see if anyone has found a solution through different parts.

I would like to know if there are any aftermarket magazines, release levers or whatever that help to "eject" the mag with authority.

Thank you!

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Glock 19....With the slide locked back on an empty mag (emergency reload, slide lock reload...) the glock magazines do not really shoot out. They fall out by gravity only. There is no assist from the magazine follower spring like other pistols I own. Usually this means that my left hand is coming up with a fresh mag and the empty one has not fallen out yet.

Now, I know I can change my technique with the "Glock Flip" or by stripping the mag before grabbing the new one. This is not a question about training techniques. This is a quest to see if anyone has found a solution through different parts.

I would like to know if there are any aftermarket magazines, release levers or whatever that help to "eject" the mag with authority.

Thank you!

I’ve never used one of these, but I’d go with something similar. There are a number of companies that make a similar product.

The other option is an aftermarket steel magazine, but you’ll need a new mag release as well. Over time, the steel mags will wear down the polymer release.

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City

I’ve never used one of these, but I’d go with something similar. There are a number of companies that make a similar product.

The other option is an aftermarket steel magazine, but you’ll need a new mag release as well. Over time, the steel mags will wear down the polymer release.
    Thanks for the useful reply. I'll look into this.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Use painters tape. Put one layer of tape on all sides. Insert into gun. Heat up grip on all sides with a hair dryer. Do not stay in any one area too long and do not get the grip too hot. Let it cool WITH THE MAG in it. Remove tape. Should be fine.
    One question: Are these Glock factory mags?

Top Bottom