• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    So I've got my Glock 19 and I love it. I live in southeastern Indiana, Lawrenceburg to be exact. I'm looking for someone reasonably close that could stipple my frame and undercut my trigger guard. I've toyed around with stippling, I'm comfortable stippling on $30 knives and plastic spatulas but I'm not sure if I have the balls to stipple my beloved Glock. Anyone out there? Pictures of your work? Definitely want to see a portfolio haha thanks.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Just remember that is going to kill the value for 99% of the people no matter who does the job. I will say that the stipple job looks great that BT showed. But as you can see he had a hard time selling it. If it's a keeper for you, then it's something to consider.

Jeremy032

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2014
    La Porte
    Try another route if grip is an issue at least a less permanent one. I have seen some stippling on guns that look goofier that 30" wheels on a Caprice Classic. It's your gun and your flavor just think it through first.

Rob1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    With as much holster wear, scratches and nicks it has already resale value is not a concern. I can't lie, I don't have any issues with the gen 4 grip. I really just like the look.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    With as much holster wear, scratches and nicks it has already resale value is not a concern. I can't lie, I don't have any issues with the gen 4 grip. I really just like the look.

You'd be surprised, scratches and nicks on a Glock 19 can be like a few pinstripes from trailing on a Jeep, and not an issue to many folks. A stipple job however, limits your buyer pool greatly. There are some great stipple jobs out there (look up member Phylodog, he does some amazing work), but just realize it is like a swimming pool on a home sale. You will greatly thin the number of folks who would purchase. Cerakote can fix scratches, and scrapes, but there is no going back on a stipple job on a Glock, since it is the serialized part.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    All the don't do this don't do that because its going to limit the resaleability is true in some cases but I consider it hogwash for a tool that I want to fit me to do the job I need it to do.

If you consider it an investment piece then your probably not cayying it daily anyway.

Rob1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    All the don't do this don't do that because its going to limit the resaleability is true in some cases but I consider it hogwash for a tool that I want to fit me to do the job I need it to do.

If you consider it an investment piece then your probably not cayying it daily anyway.

Exactly, why am I concerned with selling my life saving tool? Haha it's not a safe queen. She's battered and bruised and always has my back, I just wanna dress her up and make her look good for me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    JTGarner is my nephew and one of the best on stippling glocks. Not sure if he has the time to do it but contact him and see what he says. He is a big fan of under cuts as well.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    I have passed up quite a few guns that was for sale cause it had stippling done to it. To me it just doesn't seem right. I would rather buy a gun with alittle wear and few scratches. Gives it character and don't have to worry about putting the first scratches on my new gun cause it already has some wear and tear.

Top Bottom