• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Wally05,

You have to let their kool-aid buzz wear off some before you can talk to them. You have to jump in a few pages into a thread after they have exhausted themselves and then you can usually get something resembling a rational conversation. If you jump too early you might have someone say something like if a gun has an unnatural grip angle that it is your fault.

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

That pic is funny. Hey, just pretend I'm not even here. A thread about glock improving their product isn't one I want to argue about. If this new backstrap design works out there well be one less thing for us to complain about. Only 97 more to go. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    LOL, i love it... the Jesus Facepalm. May have to copy that image and use it. :D

Anyways, I know the conversation should be reserved for another thread.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm not seeing any personal insults here, but I do agree that this thread is not the place to re-hash the already played-out "Glock fanboy vs. Glock basher throwdown".

You guys are all on notice; keep the discussion on-topic, please.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Well I am looking forward to seeing and getting to handle one of the new G19 when they come out. I like mine the way it is but the described changes may make it worth upgrading.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I bet if you lay a Glock on top of the Beretta that you have in your avatar pic, you will find that the grip angle is almost identical.

Again, it is not the grip angle. Many other guns have the same grip angle as a Glock.

On a very similar arguement, 1911 folks always hype the "low bore axis grip" of the 1911. When in fact you can grip a Glock just as high on the grip as you can a 1911.

I suppose I am being to harsh with my words, but I doubt it. I am just tired of folks using dumb reasons that they heard online or from other ill informed shooters as to why they don't like a particular handgun when most times it is poor gun handling skills and not practicing.

That being said, if you just don't shoot a Glock well, that is reason enough to find something more suitable to your needs. And that is all that folks need to say, not make up silly excuses.

Now, before you take offense to the above paragraph, I am NOT saying YOU can't shoot, nor am I saying YOU have poor gunhandling skills.

To throw myself under the bus, so to speak, I hate all Sig Sauer pistols other than the P220. The reason, they just don't appeal to me. (See how easy that is.) ;)

Craig your missing the point......I don't like your Glock 17 because it doesnt work:):.....Now Mark's on the other hand :D

At NFA day I shot the first Glock I actually kinda liked....maybe it was the can....but either way it made me think that I could own one....maybe.

I, like others, don't like the grip, probably the blockyness. I may have to look at this 4th gen when it comes out.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Craig your missing the point......I don't like your Glock 17 because it doesnt work:):.....Now Mark's on the other hand :D

At NFA day I shot the first Glock I actually kinda liked....maybe it was the can....but either way it made me think that I could own one....maybe.

I, like others, don't like the grip, probably the blockyness. I may have to look at this 4th gen when it comes out.

The reason my G17 didn't work at NFA day was due to the recoil booster on the silencer, it needs a new spring, the gun ran fine with the suppressor taken off of it.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    What this makes ME think is, "So, how much are 3rd gen prices going to drop?"

If I could pick up a like-new 3rd gen G19 for $300, I may be able to convince the wife it would be a good investment (though she's already said the next gun we purchase is hers and she gets to pick it out... bah!)

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen because a gun like that is worth $400 all day long so it will never drop to $300 and Wally is a baby-whiner.

Heck Ive seen Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks go anywhere from 400 to 450 around here. So good luck is all I gotta say about finding a Gen 3 for 300 used.:laugh:

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen because a gun like that is worth $400 all day long so it will never drop to $300 and Wally is a baby-whiner.

Haha, eat me, Zoub. To some people, Glocks are not worth the tactical tupperware they're made with. ;) :ar15:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    there is one of the 4th gen glocks for sale on armslist.com. Its a Glock 22 for 600 bucs.
    can anyone tell if it is truley a 4th gen.

It's not; just the regular ol' RTF2 textured frame. From what I'm hearing, the 4th Gen guns won't be out until December or January, which in industry-speak means April... :rolleyes:

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I'm with zebov on this one. Maybe, just maybe, there wil be more older models for sale as people upgrade and maybe they'll be cheaper. Hey! A guy can dream. I may have mutant hands or something but I like the Glock grips.

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    Well, they waited to long to start innovating again. I've been a huge Glock fan for years, and while there's always been little things I didn't like about them, I could never see where another gun was enough of an improvement to switch. A few weeks ago, I rented an M&P at the range on a whim, and I was hooked. All those minor annoyances about the Glock were fixed, and while no one thing was a big enough deal, the sum of those parts was. If I had found out there was going to be a Gen 4 Glock, I probably would've waited for it, but I'm afraid the ship has now sailed. Too bad.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I don't know why they bothered with another generation of Glock. We've all been told that Glock is Perfection (with a capital P) and you know you can't improve on perfection (which is why M&Ps, XDs, Ruger P-s and whatever are not as good as Glock).
    So if it's not an improvement, what is the new generation? simply more brilliant marketing?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I don't know why they bothered with another generation of Glock. We've all been told that Glock is Perfection (with a capital P) and you know you can't improve on perfection (which is why M&Ps, XDs, Ruger P-s and whatever are not as good as Glock).
    So if it's not an improvement, what is the new generation? simply more brilliant marketing?

Glock: More Perfecter!! :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Maybe you weren't paying attention....

Can we please have ONE thread about ONE brand where fans of other brands don't come in and stink it up? Please?

Top Bottom