• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twiggsx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Indy
    I am wanting to get back to carrying again, for a number of reasons, one being my health, and im not as young as I use to be and Indy is not as safe as I feel it was when I moved here in 98, I am also in the process of getting my LTCH, I let my old one laps, My question is I am looking for something to carry that I can conceal nicely also what would be a good holster as well oh and im a lefty not that it may matter.Cost is a factor in looking for a handgun as well. :dunno:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    G26 or G27. It all depends if you want 9mm or .40. You really cant go wrong with either of those pistols. They are easily concealeable and there are tons and tons of holsters out there for them. Youll find out that alot of people carry these 2 guns. They have a hi capicity mag for how small of a gun it is. And although i dont own one ( i have a G19) ive shot a few G26's and they are accurate little guns. Im sure the G27 is the same way. Thats just my personal opinion. If you choose a Glock you wont be disappointed at all!

BTW welcome to :ingo:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    go t o a range that has rentals...try as many different guns as you can, come to INGO meet and shoots where most folks will let you try anything they have, join a local club and try members guns...

try as many as you can then decide based on your personal preferences...not those of a bunch of folks who tell you their favorite is the only one that will work.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    my setup is a g26 carried in a MTAC IWB from comp-tac. I'm a lefty and this setup works well for me. Also, don't skimp out on a good quality gun belt. If I have any advice, its get a good belt. Makes all the difference in the world.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Well if you want to Glock (I sure did) a Gen 4 G27 or 26 would conceal just as well as my Gen3 27 that I love, but offer you a ambi mag release and leave no thumbs to worry about, so if it fits your hand and your comfortable with it then it's a great choice. But only you can determine how well it conceals on your body and how comfortable it is to hold and shoot. The G19 and 23 are a little bigger but still very concealable and also available in Gen4 if you want lefty options. Glocks are so simple that I know many have learned how to use them left handed before the magazine catch became ambi, just by doing a middle finger press instead of thumb and have made it work just as well for them as it does right handers.

I'm technically a lefty (it's all I can write with) but I've been shooting right handed from day one, as it just works better for me, even with a cross dominant eye issue I've had to overcome being left eyed as well.

If you go Glock take a look into GSSF pistol purchase program, it can bring down the out the door price of a Glock, and get you into shooting matches which are great practice and fun, and have armorers from GA, come up to make sure every gun is running flawlessly.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    G26 friend. You'll never look back. Over the years, it has become my favorite all around CCW.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If you go Glock take a look into GSSF pistol purchase program, it can bring down the out the door price of a Glock, and get you into shooting matches which are great practice and fun, and have armorers from GA, come up to make sure every gun is running flawlessly.

rules have changed, have to be a member for a year before you get the discount.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If price is a concern, Glock may not be the answer. There are plenty of options at lower cost. I have a Bersa .380 which offers affordability, reliability and is a great little shooter. When loaded with a good SD round it is more than adequate. Obviously, there are many others. The best idea may be to rent and shoot whatever you can get your hands on. But I wouldn't restrict myself to any one brand.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    There are many haters but it is hard to beat a Glock when everything is factored in. Reliability, aftermarket accessories like extra mags and holsters are exceptionally easy to find and nearly ever popular caliber available with the exception of .380.

I'd recommend the Glock 19 for a number of reasons since it is still big enough to do be an all day range or pistol competition shooter but still compact enough to conceal easily. I daily carry my 19 during the warmer months and will switch to my Glock 21 when it gets colder and I can dress around the gun better.

Be sure to let us know what you end up choosing and as others have said, you'll probably find a ton of shooters out there that would be willing to meet and let you try several different guns to see what you like better. Sadly just fondling one in the shop is not enough to determine if you will shoot it well; you gotta put some rounds down range and see how well you like it and if you like it well enough to spend time learning the gun.

Holsters, that is a whole other thread! I personally prefer kydex like a Raven Phantom or even the kydex/leather hybrids like Crossbreed or Comp-Tac for daily carry. But, like finding the right gun finding the right holster will take some time and effort, too. Everybody has their own tastes and once you figure yours out you'll be good to go. Just don't skimp on a good belt and holster; you just shelled out $500 plus for something that will save your life, don't go on the cheap when it comes to how you are able to bring that piece with you. $80 for a belt and another $75 or so for a holster is more than reasonable and you'll thank the makers after comparing those quality pieces with the junk that is out there.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    If you want small then yes go with a G26 or G27, I have found myself tossing the idea back and forth of getting one. I carry a G19 and love it, perfect do it all size to me! And like said already, get a good belt and holster. :yesway:

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    This is the best advice I can give you: Go to a range and try every handgun they have in every possible caliber they have, and then... just go buy a g-26.:D :D :D

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I LOVE the 1911 and that is my daily carry. However, I also am fond of a 19 on my hip when the situation dictates (let that be between you and me though, okay ;)).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Another vote for the G19, you dont need to go with the G26 to easily conceal.
    The G19 is not that much bigger than the G26 and you can get a full grip on it.
    I see many people that like the G26 for the size but then add a magazine extension for their pinky and end up with the grip lenght of the G19.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Me personally, I say Glock! :rockwoot:

But honestly there are so many great options out there that you owe it to yourself to look around and decide what is best for you. Glocks are great, but not everyone likes them best and there is nothing wrong with that. If you look at Glocks I would look at the G19 or G26 both are 9mm. and both are great shooters and very nice carry weapons. Handle as many makes and models as you can and shoot a few if possible, then go with what feels best to you. It is your gun and your hard earned money so you should be the one that is happy with it and more importantly comfortable and confident with it. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Top Bottom