• ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Okay, after lots of thought, research, and indecision:

I'm toying with the idea of swapping out my XD9 for a G19. :eek:

While I like the XD9, I simply cannot carry the dang thing. Too big, or just doesn't fit me or something. I believe it is the height of the slide that is giving me the most trouble carrying.

I'm looking to switch to a G19, but I REALLY want to shoot them side by side to make sure. (Not simultaneously, don't worry. Not much of a duel-wielder, myself...)

Would anyone be willing to meet me at a range in the Lafayette area and let me try out their G19? :dunno: I'll buy the ammo, of course, and I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks! :ingo:

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    If you dont mind the travel you are more than welcome to meet at the Atterbury Shooting Complex near Columbus. The only thing is I have upgraded all the internal parts so it is not really representative of what a Glock 19 out of the box is going to shoot and feel like. Oh.. and its a Gen 3. I don't know if you were considering the 4. Never shot one so I dont know how different they feel. Joshua

Oh btw I am completely happy with my g19 and would never consider getting rid of it.

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    ps- I actually have shot an xd9 and I was enamored with the feel, motion, and mechanics of the trigger assembly right out of the box. I had to invest around a hundred bucks on the internals of my glock to get it to feel better. I like everything about my glock better though.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    With all of the talk of Glock generations, I feel left behind with my G 19 from 1992. I guess it's a gen. 1. Other than replacing the recoil spring, it still shoots just fine. And the nite sites have went dim.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    With all of the talk of Glock generations, I feel left behind with my G 19 from 1992. I guess it's a gen. 1. Other than replacing the recoil spring, it still shoots just fine. And the nite sites have went dim.

Most likely a Gen 2, very few Gen 1 G19s were produced and they were made in the late '80s. The Gen 1s have the pebble grip vs the cut checkered type.... see have to see it .

I have my Gen 2 G17s & 19s and love them. The G19 is just about the ultimate carry gun..... Ive tried the XDs, M&Ps etc.... and always go back to the G19...... or one of my 1911s.

If I didnt live so far south of you we could take my Glocks out and you could try them. I was even thinking of selling one of the G19s since it sits in the safe.....

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Okay, after lots of thought, research, and indecision:

I'm toying with the idea of swapping out my XD9 for a G19. :eek:

While I like the XD9, I simply cannot carry the dang thing. Too big, or just doesn't fit me or something. I believe it is the height of the slide that is giving me the most trouble carrying.

For all of the talk of advantages to one type of handgun in comparison to others, comfort in carry and ability to shoot well are more important than brand or caliber.
    Hopefully someone will have a G19 you try out. Personally, I'm a fan but the grip is wider than the XD. That may be better for you or not. The XD is a little heavier.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I would offer to let you snap off some .40 S&W's through my Glock 23 but cow35f beat me to it with what you're looking to shoot :D

Looks to me like you're doing what I did in the past; I can say while I regret switching from XD40 to G23, I don't. They're both solid guns - I have no preference one over the other. I simply didn't have the money at the time to have both the XD40 and the G23.

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Can't help with the particular model, but if you find yourself near Ft. Wayne I'd be more than happy to let you fire off my G26. Love the thing.

Top Bottom