• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the 26/27 size Glock. I have a 27. You just need to be sure that when you grip the gun, you take a good high/strong grip. If you let the gun move in your hand, then the recoil especially on a 27 can be a bit to handle. Many people say they shoot the subcompacts better than some of the other models.

I also have a 30 and a 21. I really like my 30, and probably shoot it the best, but just this week the 27 is starting to click for me now that I started really paying attention to grip and trigger reset, etc. I got to spend some time shooting with my brother down in FL while on vacation and took some pointers from him and it really made a difference. Shooting plates instantly got easier with my 27 when I corrected some grip issues and started feeling for the trigger reset. Also got to play with his Advantage Arms 22 LR conversion kit for his Glock 19 (he will be getting one for his 26 soon) and that is the most awesome thing I have played with in a while. I may have to pick one of those up.

I'd suggest looking at the Galco King Tuk holsters if you are looking at IWB holsters. I have one for my 27 and I really like it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Damn great deal. I paid $1,500 and they took two tires off my car. Then I had to give a pint of blood for some ammo. LMAO!

What? Did you buy it from someone on here? I've noticed some very overpriced Glocks to the point I've thought about buying 10 or 12 brand new and selling them on here for a hefty profit. But I guess as they say, there's a sucker born every minute.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Damn great deal. I paid $1,500 and they took two tires off my car. Then I had to give a pint of blood for some ammo. LMAO!

Yeah I was lucky to find it on sale, it was Glock 17 Gen 1 with only 15 000 rounds thru it and no magazine and just the recoil spring missing. :yesway:

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    you guys are just to funny on the Dons thing.
    Now that I have posted this question I am getting real excited about looking now. I would go look this week but I'm sure it would just make waiting one more week a lot harder. Don't get my bonus check till the end of next week.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    :patriot:I agree Plainfield Shooting Supplies usually has great prices and they're close to you. Those guys are straight shooters, sorry for the Play on words!!:twocents:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have both a 26 and a 27 and had occasion to shoot them side-by-side. It surprised me that recoil felt about the same; but the 26 felt a little "snappier" than the 27. I use the G27 for EDC. It's true the G23 is easier to shoot at intermediate distances (over 15 yards), but statistically, your self-defense engagement is going to be 7 yards or so, and the G26/27 is plenty accurate at that distance.

KMG55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Lawrence
    So if you join GSSF, what kind of discount do you get? Where do you get the discount?
    Thanks
    Doug

My understanding is that the program has changed. You are now only eligible for the GSSF discount after you have been a member for one year. No more signing up and getting the discount right away. That being said I think a G19 is around $425 with the discount. If you call Glock they will tell you the dealers in your area that participate.
    ~K

hf3787

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Bradis is a great gun store. You might also want to try Fort Liberty in Avon -- a small store but good pricing

abigbadzebra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Richmond
    I like the 26/27 size Glock. I have a 27. You just need to be sure that when you grip the gun, you take a good high/strong grip. If you let the gun move in your hand, then the recoil especially on a 27 can be a bit to handle. Many people say they shoot the subcompacts better than some of the other models.

I almost didn't buy a G27 cause I kept hearing about how snappy the gun was. Having medium sized hands at best, I was worried about it. Finally got to shoot the thing a few weeks ago and I was very surprised. Maybe it's because I've only shot .45's, but I found the recoil very manageable. This was with the regular mag, pink laying under it. I feel like I can get a pretty good grip on the gun nonetheless.

I traded a Aimpoint Comp M2 for it. Of course, they were both used.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I almost didn't buy a G27 cause I kept hearing about how snappy the gun was. Having medium sized hands at best, I was worried about it. Finally got to shoot the thing a few weeks ago and I was very surprised. Maybe it's because I've only shot .45's, but I found the recoil very manageable. This was with the regular mag, pink laying under it. I feel like I can get a pretty good grip on the gun nonetheless.

I traded a Aimpoint Comp M2 for it. Of course, they were both used.

The 27 is a good gun. It definitely has a bit more recoil than the 26 (was able to shoot a 26 last week), and I'd even say it has more than my 30, but the 27 is a good combination of stopping power and size. It is also a gun that will make you focus on your grip to be effective when training with it.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I was in Bradis's shop a couple weeks ago and they had some Gen3 Glocks with the EXO finish. Pretty sure they had all 3 sizes. Not sure of price.
    They have a HUGE selection of guns! You definately need to go in there.

Top Bottom