• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Was wondering if someone could tell me the differences in the different generations of glocks? Tha g27 in peticular. Are some more desireable than others? Certain ones to avoid?

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Not a Glock owner, but I know the texture on the grips are different, and also I believe the gen 4 has a different recoil spring system than the past generations. Once again not a glock owner but I am sure one of the many will chime in here and let me know if i am right or wrong and also add lots of other info for you.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Site links.

The G27 only has two generations 3 and the just released Gen.4. For all practical purposes they are the same. They share the same operating parts such as the dual recoil spring. I am attaching the links to a couple of websites that can better answer your questions. One is the Glock home-site and the other is a Glock specific forum.

Link:GLOCK "Safe Action Pistols"

Link:Glock Talk - Powered by vBulletin

PS: This one has good info. too.

Link:Glock.pro

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Was wondering if someone could tell me the differences in the different generations of glocks? Tha g27 in peticular. Are some more desireable than others? Certain ones to avoid?

I just purchased my first Glock the other day and it arrived today.

After plenty of research + gun store handling, it seems all of the generations are very similar(mechanics wise) and very reliable...To me, it was a matter of which grip I liked the best and I settled on a Gen 3(G19).

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, no finger grooves on the front of the grip is Gen 1. Checkering on the front and still no finger grooves is Gen 2. Gen 3 added finger grooves. Gen 4 added exchangeable backstraps and a "Gen4" stamp on the slide.

I think thats right, anyway....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah, no finger grooves on the front of the grip is Gen 1. Checkering on the front and still no finger grooves is Gen 2. Gen 3 added finger grooves. Gen 4 added exchangeable backstraps and a "Gen4" stamp on the slide.

I think thats right, anyway....

Gen 1 Glocks have an all-over "pebble" texturing on the grip. Only the early G17s and a VERY small number (as in, fewer than 50) of G19s exist in this style. After that, the grip texturing was changed to defined panels on the sides, and "grenade" checkering in front and rear. This is Gen 2. Gen 3 added the finger grooves and accessory rails, and Gen 4 has the reduced grip, different texturing, extended/reversible mag catch and add-on backstraps. There were also some transitional models often referred to as "Gen 2.5" that had finger grooves but no rail, and some one-off or limited production stuff like the "RTF2" version of the Gen 3.

Clear as mud? ;)

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to find a G27 hold it and hate it. Hopefully it will feel like the brick that it looks like and I'll save myself lots of dollars to apply to another Colt purchase, or that next ak:dunno:

Top Bottom