• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Wow how could he even begin to blame a manufacturer for something that was clearly his fault? I'm a nobody and I'm smart enough to secure my weapons and know where they are located at all times, but this guy was a former Marine and police officer!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Wow how could he even begin to blame a manufacturer for something that was clearly his fault? I'm a nobody and I'm smart enough to secure my weapons and know where they are located at all times, but this guy was a former Marine and police officer!

I bet the guy was laying there, one day, paralyzed thinking about his family's future and a lawyer suggested a way he could provide for them.

I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, but my money is it went down something like that.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Amazing. This Grand Republic once held a standard of accountability and responsibility. This man, once a marine and police officer, is part of the problem. They should have fought it. Now they have opened the door.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll bet Glock did a risk analysis of the potential effect on their sales to police departments if they contested the suit and decided (whether right or wrong) that it was in their best interest to settle.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    On second thought, how do you forget the gun was in the backseat? So you've admitted to forgetting something after placing your son in the backseat.... Me thinks he should have sued his son for attempted murder. Would make more sense.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    In fact, the trigger energy on the Glock is so low that it was easier to pull the trigger on the Glock than on cheap, plastic toy guns ordered off the Internet,” the plaintiffs’ attorneys stated in their court papers

Really? Buy guns off the internet, again pushing the wrong point that anyone can go to amazon and buy a gun and have it sent to their home.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Isn't an Indianapolis mother facing 20 years in prison after leaving a loaded pistol in reach of her child? It seems to me this joker ought to face whatever applicable CA charges would fit this case. Instead, his irresponsible actions are rewarded.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Isn't an Indianapolis mother facing 20 years in prison after leaving a loaded pistol in reach of her child? It seems to me this joker ought to face whatever applicable CA charges would fit this case. Instead, his irresponsible actions are rewarded.

Not justifying one way or the other just a question/reason as to why. Not familiar with the Indy case but was anyone hurt in that case? That sometimes can be the difference, or did she have other issues in her past???

Could be the Cali prosecutors felt his injuries over his lifetime was enough. IDK. If the state incarcerates him the tax payers are forking the bill for all his medical needs too. Don't get me wrong if someone else was hurt then I would be all for it but it doesn't bother me with him not being charged. Glad he was the only one injured.

But this whole thing is what give the Hilliary and Moms demand some Action crowd motivation for their manufacter lawsuit ideas.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Not justifying one way or the other just a question/reason as to why. Not familiar with the Indy case but was anyone hurt in that case? That sometimes can be the difference, or did she have other issues in her past???

Could be the Cali prosecutors felt his injuries over his lifetime was enough. IDK. If the state incarcerates him the tax payers are forking the bill for all his medical needs too. Don't get me wrong if someone else was hurt then I would be all for it but it doesn't bother me with him not being charged. Glad he was the only one injured.

But this whole thing is what give the Hilliary and Moms demand some Action crowd motivation for their manufacter lawsuit ideas.

If the incident jsharmon7 is talking about is the latest one in Indy, the 2 year old shot himself and died after finding his mom's gun.

Mother charged with neglect after son fatally shot himself makes first court appearance | Fox 59

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    No excuse. That former officer was responsible for his injury. Not his son, and not Glock. I know it may boil down to money, however, a vigorous countersuit would have taken care of this. In the first place, not knowing/caring where a firearm is defines negligence.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There's no doubt Glock decided buying him off was cheaper than beating him in court - or taking the risk that the jury would contain enough gun-phobic, little-guy-versus-the-big-rich-corporation sympathetic jurors.

A few years ago a NYPD detective was visiting another precinct when another officer had to go in an interview room with a suspect. There was a rule, no guns in the room with the suspect, so the other officer asked this detective to keep his Glock for him. The detective shoved the other officer's gun in the waistband of his pants and sat down (apparently still holding the gun, and apparently with his finger you-know-where). The chair toppled over backwards and the detective shot himself in the knee.

Medical retirement from the NYPD, don't recall the numbers but it was pretty handsome really. He then turns around and sues the city for what he claims was a poorly maintained chair that caused his injury, and of course he won. $2 million as I recall. (Don't know how he missed suing Glock, maybe that was a separate lawsuit). Between his medical retirement pay and his winnings from the city, I'm sure he found his pay as Caroline deputy nicely supplemented. That's right, like anyone with half-a-brain and a NY government pension, he dumped NY for warmer and less-taxed climes, and despite his career ending injury, he got hired has a deputy at a courthouse doing the security scanner thing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    “In fact, the trigger energy on the Glock is so low that it was easier to pull the trigger on the Glock than on cheap, plastic toy guns ordered off the Internet,” the plaintiffs’ attorneys stated in their court papers.

It wouldn't surprise me to see (at least in Cali) Glocks with a factory 8 to 10lb pull. If you add aftermarket parts to lighten the pull I believe the factory is off the hook for the consequences

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom