• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    And in reality those rounds probably would have done no damage to the Individual... ;)

Are you trying to make me cry? :(

I know, I was just wondering if you could fire the shots, af far as their power is concerned it's another story.
    The rounds went through the car window then through the person's skull.
    I guess in the reality the rounds may even not be powerful enough to break the window. :dunno:

Unless the shooter uses some special FBI rounds that we are not even aware of.Like mini torpedoes. :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Would shooting dry phone books and milk jugs full of air be good tests for stopping power of bullets when fired from under water? :D

Dry phone books under water? :dunno:

Unless they are sealed in a plastic bag those dry phone books wouldn't stay dry for long.

If you have a pool or a water tank, a handgun and some phone books then go for it. :yesway:

It could be interesting to compare the same ammo shot from the same distance both in the air and under water.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Dry phone books under water? :dunno:

Unless they are sealed in a plastic bag those dry phone books wouldn't stay dry for long.

If you have a pool or a water tank, a handgun and some phone books then go for it. :yesway:

It could be interesting to compare the same ammo shot from the same distance both in the air and under water.

Sounds like something for the box-o-truth guys. Don't think my in-laws will take too kindly to me shooting in the pool. They really get ticked when I pee in it (ok, just kidding about that part).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sounds like something for the box-o-truth guys. Don't think my in-laws will take too kindly to me shooting in the pool. They really get ticked when I pee in it (ok, just kidding about that part).

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire* the box-of-thruth guys. :D

(*Im not actually going to hire them, it would have to be a free job) ;)

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just seen on a TV show a guy shooting his Glock underwater, 3 shots without a jam.
    I know Glocks can shoot underwater, I have seen some tests on TV and videos online but I never seen several shots in a row.It was always one single shot.
    I can imagine that after the first shot the spent cassing could stay stuck in the chamber, because of the water not letting it fall like in the air, and make the gun jam.

So is it just TV magic or is it plausible?

Everybody knows Glocks shoot under water... Tommy Lee Jones told us that in the movie "US Marshalls"! :rolleyes:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I've used that gun as my picture on here for quite a while. It looks really neat.

original.jpg

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Is it really loud?

Apparently, because he is wearing ear protection!

I can tell you from experience (using bang sticks on large fish, which is just a .357 on the end of a stick) while it is not actually loud, the pressure on your eardrums is extremely painful if you're close (within 6'). Air compresses, but water does not, so you get an amazing amount of muzzle blast tranfered to your eardrum. It's not very nice.

Top Bottom