• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Glocks rock, which is why worldwide they are the most carried firearm by law enforcement period.

Trust me, they are not carried by LEO because they rock. They are good guns, but most LE departments went to them because they were _easy_ to use and figure out. A lot of LEO are not "gun people," and the more pieces it takes to break down, the more safety levers, DA to SA, etc. just confuses them. Look at what HK and Sig did: They followed Glocks lead with some models....every trigger pull is the same.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm torn between my first gun being a Glock 23, or a USP 40 Compact. I hear so many great things about Glock, and I agree they're probably amazing... but for a first-timer, I feel like the USP just has more of an appealing look and feel to it =/

Haans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Muncie
    Glocks rock, which is why worldwide they are the most carried firearm by law enforcement period.

Actually, CZ claims to have the most handguns in use around the world, period. Specifically, the CZ 75.

In the US, Glock has the marketshare it has with LEOs because of the support services they offer with their handguns, and because they often offered to let departments trade in older guns for the new, shiny Glock.

It's all in the marketing.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    GLOCKtoolOriginal001.jpg

GLOCKtoolOriginal003.jpg

SparksYaquiSlide001.jpg

SparksYaquiSlide004.jpg

XS24_7bigdots002.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    is this still going on? geez! side note: I think more than half of mcivians posts are just random glock pics. and if it makes you feel better I just sold my XD for another M&P.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm torn between my first gun being a Glock 23, or a USP 40 Compact. I hear so many great things about Glock, and I agree they're probably amazing... but for a first-timer, I feel like the USP just has more of an appealing look and feel to it =/

Just to give you a broader view, take a look at what's available to a new Glock owner:

Glockmeister.com - Glockmeister Online

Topglock.com: Glock Accessories, Glock Handguns, Glock Barrels, Glock Parts, Glock Sights and Glock Lasers

Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page

That and you have to love knowing there is always a Glock armorer close by :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    is this still going on? geez! side note: I think more than half of mcivians posts are just random glock pics. and if it makes you feel better I just sold my XD for another M&P.

I like the M&P's too, even though the recalls aren't helping any.

I thought you were a Sig guy?

Top Bottom