• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Enjoy shooting all of my Glocks but recently put a Guardian carry trigger in my Gen4 Glock 27 and it is a really sweet trigger. But for some reason still probably prefer the stock trigger I have in the 17,26,and 30s. Just wondered if there are others that think the stock Glock triggers are super nice? Also love my H@Ks but shoot the 19 as well as any. Thanks:ar15:

ThatsLife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm with you. I bought a M&P shield 9 because Glock doesn't make a single stack 9. While the stock trigger in the shield was decent, I wanted it to be more like my stock Glock trigger. So I purchased the Apex d/c trigger kit. The kit was worth it, however, I still don't like it as well as the stock Glock trigger.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    That Guardian carry trigger certainly is a pricey piece considering what you are getting. Personally I'm confident that it's a waste of time to polish most of those parts but I'll bet they sure look flashy when you take them out of the package. I installed a Travis Haley "Skimmer" trigger for a guy about a year ago and neither of us was impressed with it's performance although it was impressive to look at. It was smoother and lighter but over-travel and pre-travel had not changed. Just adding a 3.5 connector and the .25 trigger job would have felt about the same. From what I read about the Guardian it's much the same setup as the Skimmer.
    If you are going to alter the stock setup I would recommend finding someone that will let you try one of their setups in a pistol before spending the big money on a mail order setup and avoid changing ANY springs unless it's a range only pistol. Just my :twocents: for what it's worth.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Last edited:

semiautosniper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    I prefer stock trigger, it is much safer that way... I tried to holster my glock 17 one time and my shirt got caught on the holster, and it was dragging on the trigger; luckily it didn't go off because it is a stock trigger and has not been lightened...

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Thanks for all the feedback! Maybe it is being fairly new to shooting but I just feel more in control with the stock trigger and a little more accurate .

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I prefer stock trigger, it is much safer that way... I tried to holster my glock 17 one time and my shirt got caught on the holster, and it was dragging on the trigger; luckily it didn't go off because it is a stock trigger and has not been lightened...
    A lighter trigger is no less "safe" or reliable for that matter, (I've seen that argument made) than the stock setup if it's done properly..
    XMDUDE--- I appreciate the Kudos. I do every trigger as I would if it was my own pistol.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    A lighter trigger is no less "safe" or reliable for that matter, (I've seen that argument made) than the stock setup if it's done properly..
    XMDUDE--- I appreciate the Kudos. I do every trigger as I would if it was my own pistol.

NRA Life Member-- GSSF member
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor Certified Glock armorer
    I have had my eye on a 34 and will be getting one in a couple weeks could I look at bringing it up and letting you work on it?

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    I have a few glocks. One is set up as a pistol for shooting faster with easier followup shorts. I shoot for groups and accurate second shots, the others are normal setu setup. The model 22 is a police trade in and it is different. Not better but different. I also shoot double action and single action. If a person prefers to shoot singleaction, that would be their preference. I prefer to shoot double action and there are good reasons to shoot with what serves you, that is what I believe.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I bought a Glock34 from a friend on this forum (my first and only Glock) and put a Edge trigger assy on it, love it. It's my range/competition gun so can't say I would cc it. but man is that a nice trigger. Well worth the money I paid for it.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Years ago (ok, only about 3) when I was new to guns, I went to the indy 1500 and got some trigger work done by a certain "doc". After light primer strikes, too numerous to count, I got my google foo going. That's how I found INGO and the million page thread on that azzhat.

Needless to say, I bought an armorers manual and reinstalled my factory parts. Magically the light primer strikes have gone away. Soooooo, factory only for me on a carry piece.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Years ago (ok, only about 3) when I was new to guns, I went to the indy 1500 and got some trigger work done by a certain "doc". After light primer strikes, too numerous to count, I got my google foo going. That's how I found INGO and the million page thread on that azzhat.

Needless to say, I bought an armorers manual and reinstalled my factory parts. Magically the light primer strikes have gone away. Soooooo, factory only for me on a carry piece.

I've seen and corrected more of those triggers than I care to mention.. Light strikes were coming from a 4# striker spring (vs 6# being stock). Probably any other parts installed would be OK but the last trigger I worked on from that "doc" was a striker spring change only.. I don't know what he charges for that particular piece of work but charging a guy and making the pistol unreliable seems like more than a disservice to me. What troubles me is that I don't think the guy is so stupid that he doesn't realize what he is doing. but if he is knowingly sending people out with a pistol that is unreliable I can't imaging what he's thinking :shady:
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I must be lucky because I have installed 3.5 con, 4 lb striker in about five of my Glocks and never had a light strike in over 5000 rounds. I reload and have used CCI, S&B, Winchester and Remington primers. They all have went bang every time with an average 3.5 lb pull

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I must be lucky because I have installed 3.5 con, 4 lb striker in about five of my Glocks and never had a light strike in over 5000 rounds. I reload and have used CCI, S&B, Winchester and Remington primers. They all have went bang every time with an average 3.5 lb pull

All I can say is that you are very fortunate. I had that setup in a range pistol for a while and was thinking the same thing after 700 rounds through it without issue when I hit 3 hard primers out of 15 shots (WWB).. It will bite you sooner or later and it's really not worth the chance IMHO, because it only adds about a 1/4# or so to the trigger to use the stock striker spring.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'd be curious to try other Glock triggers, but mot because there's anything wrong with the stock setup. A bone stock g22gen4 with the 25¢ polish job worked superbly.

Top Bottom