Glock Tenifer refinishing? Barrel polishing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoctorJ32174

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Any suggestions for refinishing the slide assembly on Glocks (i.e. fixing holster wear)? I know I can call Glock themselves, but wondered if there are any local (Indy area) options.

Would also like to know if anybody locally does an acceptable job of polishing Glock barrels.

Thanks for all replies!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    The only thing I can think of would be either to contact the Glock Dr that shows up at the Indy 1500 gun shows.. I know he does polishing work on slides and barrels.. he also knows someone who can chrome the slides on Glock if that is something you would want.

If you are wanting to keep the finish black.. perhaps you could have someone Duracote it?:dunno:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Any suggestions for refinishing the slide assembly on Glocks (i.e. fixing holster wear)? I know I can call Glock themselves, but wondered if there are any local (Indy area) options.

Would also like to know if anybody locally does an acceptable job of polishing Glock barrels.

Thanks for all replies!

Send the gun to GLOCK & they'll refinish the gun & replace all the springs, I forgot how much I paid for the service:dunno:

DoctorJ32174

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Called Glock and got an email with prices - excellent prices, but 6 to 8 weeks turn around time!
    It's good to be king!

Looking for a link to the Glock Dr mentioned above. Don't know where he's located. Any help out there?

Thanks again for all replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Called Glock and got an email with prices - excellent prices, but 6 to 8 weeks turn around time!
    It's good to be king!

Looking for a link to the Glock Dr mentioned above. Don't know where he's located. Any help out there?

I'd still send it to Glock. You won't be disappointed.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    It's good to be king!

Here's the Link:
    MyGlockDoc

Just go to the "services" tab for contact info.

ETA: He's located here in Indy

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had my G33 slide hard chromed and polished the bbl myself using Blue/Rust Remover and some flitz. I do all of my Glock, Sig and Colt bbls that way. I think they turn out nice.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The Tenifer is actually not the black finish, it's underneath. The put the parts through a cyanide salt bath that increases the hardness and corrosion resistance, then put a black parkerizing on top.

So, if you get Hoosier Gun Coat (who does awesome work, BTW) to do it up in cerakote or duracoat, you still have the tenifer treatment in place, but with an even better "topcoat"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    The link the the Glock Dr. Did not work. I have a few Glocks I want redone. Glock takes two months. That is a long time to be without your carry. I've got 2 G 26s that need slide and barrel work. Any more insight on local guys?

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    The link the the Glock Dr. Did not work. I have a few Glocks I want redone. Glock takes two months. That is a long time to be without your carry. I've got 2 G 26s that need slide and barrel work. Any more insight on local guys?

Just cosmetic stuff? Glocks are even better with wear. 'Wear' it with pride!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

PM this guy: INGunOwners - View Profile: AllenM

I haven't personally dealt with him, but I've seen some of his work and it's top notch.

Top Bottom