• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I need to purchase a Glock trigger kit.. I have a Gen 2 Glock 19 and need to reduce the trigger wieght, anywhere close that sells the kit for that (That have it in stock) ???????? or anyone close to Kokomo, IN with a used one? :rockwoot:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    There are a few after-market makers of connectors to make Glock triggers lighter, but there have been functionality reports. Liability (if you every have to use it defensively) issues can crop up, too, with a "tricked out" gun.

If the trigger pull is really bad, meaning worse than a stock Glock trigger, I suggest you either call Glock and communicate your problem or take the gun to a certified Glock Armorer and have it thoroughly inspected.

I find the stock trigger on a Glock to be very acceptable. However, Glock does offer its models 34 (9mm) and 35 (.40) with light triggers. Glock does have "minus" connectors but limits distribution of them to LE agencies. While the "minus" connectors do lighten the trigger pull, they also cause the trigger pull to feel "mushier."

Bottom line suggestion: first, be sure your Glock is at factory specs before doing anything to "lighten" the trigger.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I have 3.5lb ghost triggers on my 27 and 22... Im not sure how they could make me more liable for defending my life... but they are crispy! $15 w/ free install at ranger supply.

dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    yes but will the glocks not having an actual safety except for pretip on trigger be more succept to discharge while round in chamber in/out of holster that is a scary thought

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    If you negligently press the 3.5lb trigger so it goes off, you would have done the same for the "stock" 5.5lb trigger. The difference between 2lbs of finger pressure is hardly noticeable. The trigger still travels the same distance, still has the same point of break, still has to be pulled to fire, still has a drop safety, etc. I've had a 3.5 on my EDC for a year and have had no accidents, nor have I killed anyone because I got rid of 2 lbs of leveraged resistance.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I wont make it, I'll be in Indy ;) Next time, I would most certainly let you try out my 27 + 22... I can throw you a couple mags worth or bring your own .40's and shoot as much as you want.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Vanek triggers! Google "Vanek" triggers or Charlie Vanek triggers. I have his trigger set in my G17... used for 3-gun competition... love it! Cost around $125 if I remember correctly. Easy install on your own too!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yes but will the glocks not having an actual safety except for pretip on trigger be more succept to discharge while round in chamber in/out of holster that is a scary thought

hmmm, thousands of rounds, countless draws, not a single "discharge" that I intend....

and Glocks have 3 safeties...

and another :+1: for Vanek Triggers, have one in my G19

Top Bottom