• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I loved the grip on the M&P, but they are forever banished to Hades in my eyes. Mine shot low, and I mean REAL low (2 feet below point of aim). Had someone else shoot it and had the same result. Sent it to S&W and they said nothing was wrong with it. Sold it and got a G17 that does not shoot 2 feet low! I probably got a lemon, but it's hard to get the taste of lemon out of your mouth sometimes. So, I drank the Kool-Aid instead and am much happier now.

Wow ... 2 feet low? That doesnt even seem possible.... what distance was that at? was it used when you bought it? Cause someone could have screwed up on the aftermarket sights. 2 feet just sounds .... blasphemous :twocents:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I've owned both and I completely disagree with the post stating the M&P has a better trigger than the Glock. I found the M&P trigger to be attrocious. I have heard that there is a package you can buy to make the trigger better.

+1

i used to have a Sigma 9VE and despite claims to the contrary I think the trigger feels exactly the same as the one on my M&P 45. I will say the M&P is quite accurate, but when it comes to tupperware, my Gen 4 Glock 17 is my favorite....at least until it goes KaBoom. :):

I don't think you can really go wrong either way. What tends to be the deal breaker is the grip angle.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have a number of Glocks, a couple 1911's and a Taurus 92. When I go to the safe I always gravitate to the Glocks. They never fail me and are just fun and easy to shoot.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wow ... 2 feet low? That doesnt even seem possible.... what distance was that at? was it used when you bought it? Cause someone could have screwed up on the aftermarket sights. 2 feet just sounds .... blasphemous :twocents:

It was new when I bought it and I was shooting at 5 yards or less. I agree that it was a tragedy as I liked the feel of the gun other than the fact that if I aim for the chest I was hitting the groin. Oh well, guess they can't all be winners.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The M&P uses a combat sight picture. If you float your target above the sights like a 6 o'clock sight picture it will shoot low. Did you ever try putting the dot on the target at 25 yards?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I loved the grip on the M&P, but they are forever banished to Hades in my eyes. Mine shot low, and I mean REAL low (2 feet below point of aim). Had someone else shoot it and had the same result. Sent it to S&W and they said nothing was wrong with it.
    :rolleyes:
    2 feet at 5 yards(15feet)....that is a shooter issue. 2 foot drop over 15 feet would mean the bullet is shooting downwards at a 7.6 degree angle from the muzzle. There is no way a firearm produced with modern CNC machinery would perform this poorly. You could easily see if the barrel of sights were 7.6 degrees off by looking at the gun from the side I would think.

Did you shoot it off a rest? I bet you were jerking the trigger.

You returned a perfectly good firearm.

Top Bottom