• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I had a tough time with the trigger on my m&p9 first 200 rounds. I read several threads/google links, and the one that stuck out in my mind was 'I don't want to have to go thru a 12 step program to figure out my trigger'. I was really down about my purchase (having been able to fire a 20lb revolver trigger without the problems I was encountering with my M&P where I was consistently shooting 3-4" low and left). I sucked it up and bough an apex duty kit. Ultimately, I put the stock trigger spring back in, bringing the poundage down. But the kit immediately resolved my problems. I am in love with this pistol, to the point that I've picked up and M&P22 and .45. since. I am now planning a .40 long purchase.

At first the apex kit is a little awkward because the break is really toward the rear of the pull. But even so, I was hitting better and more confidently than before the kit. Now (1k rounds later) I don't even notice it. FWIW, bowie tactical has a really great looking trigger (youtube it) for around the same price, but a long wait period. I will likely go this route with my .40

If anyone asks me about it, I tell them plan on $100 for the trigger kit.

Having said this... many swear that after 400-500 rounds or so that the trigger smooths out. YMMV

A couple weeks back, a buddy came over and I tried his .40 glock. I really liked the sights on it. They seemed tighter (easier for my eyes to center the front post withn the rear post slot). But the ergonomics of the pistols seemed a bit 'loose'. Trigger was OK, but did not blow me away. I don't know if this is because I am used to my M&P or not. The pistol seemed the loosen from my grip easier than my M&P (combat grip). Some grip tape or stippling would likely solve this.

I shot it the same as my M&P.

My buddy tried the M&P, and mentioned he did not like how far back the break was. But he also did not notice any signifcant difference in accuracy.

so it sorta boils down to (no big suprise) personal preference and comfort. But keep in mind, you *might* wish to add $100 for an apex kit (again, YMMV).

ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    RobbyMaQ, I tried to respond to your PM and got a reply that I don't have enough postings to PM anybody except a short list they gave me. So I can receive PM's from people that I can't respond to?

Anyway, thank you very much for your offer, but I'm not real close to you and I think I'm going to wait a while and see if S&W incorporates the Shield trigger into the M&P9.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    No prob man! I am a bit anxious to see how the new trigger will start to pan out as well...
    Yeah you need 50 posts to be able to PM. it's to prevent fly by nighters coming in and buying/selling.

Or you can pitch in the 15$ to become a sight supporter and get your 50 posts instantly...

Noble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I believe Smith and Wesson makes great revolvers but their autos could use some improvement. just my .02

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I like the Shield so much I got an M&P9 full size. I like them both so much that my wife got the Shield for Christmas (along with her new LTCH) and I picked up a 9c from another INGOer today.

737730_10151234769458528_1983652099_o.jpg

Once it goes through it's paces, it will become my EDC.

I will most likely add some Apex parts down the road.

Top Bottom