• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I hear that despite its similar appearance, the trigger on the Ruger SR9 is a lot heavier and grittier than a Glock's.

Is this really the case, even after a few hundred rounds?

I ask because I have issues with both the angle and the shape of Glock grips, but love that consistent, not-too-heavy/light, -long/short, safe-action trigger.

And please, NO whining about how the Glock's grip is just fine and I'm just imagining things. I've shot them enough to know they aren't quite right for me.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i think the triggers are roughly comparable, however the sr9's trigger could use some polish work and it cleans up pretty nice.... they are good guns.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "You" should be able to smooth out the Ruger's trigger by A) shooting it and B) having some light 'smithing done on it.

I'd love an opportunity to shoot the Ruger, as I've not yet. They seem to handle nice, though. I dig the slim design.

-J-

HollidaySlim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I had an SR9 and the trigger was a little gritty when new. After 500 or so rounds it started to smooth out a little (not to much but noticeable). Cannot give any information as to the smoothness of th trigger after the first 500 rounds cause i got rid of it. All in all it was a good gun and given the opportunity I would probably buy one again.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got 400 or so rounds through mine and the trigger feels great. The whole gun feels great, for that matter. It is accurate, too.

I haven't shot a 9mm I'd trade it for.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    It took me a long time to get over my Glock hate......
    One USPSA match, where I could have borrowed magazines, mag carriers, holsters, you name it..... made me realize rather quickly there's a reason to buy the thing everyone else is buying. Even if it might be Technically Inferior to the alternative.

PS... I was a die hard HK guy.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I picked up an SR9 in the shop a couple of days ago and actually thought the trigger felt pretty nice. I was surprised as I'd heard all the "gritty trigger" comments as well. It could be that this was just an exception to the rule, but if I was in the market I'd be happy with the SR9's trigger.

It's not a Glock however.....sorry, just stirring the pot!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    After abt 200 rds the SR9 smooths out nicely. but glock still has too long of take up for me

long take up? Polish up the trigger bar and it's a pretty smooth take up.

trigger on the SR-9 looks like it's just as far, if not farther.

Dunno, sweet looking pistol though.

mtyt61783

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN SOUTHSIDE
    I BOUGHT THE SR9C & THE TRIGGER FEELS GREAT I PUT 100 DOWN RANGE @ 40 YRDS. I SHOT A 6 INCH SPREAD WITH THE FIRST 5, THEN SHOT THE REST FOR FUN. I LOVE THE GUN. I SHOOT GLOCKS & THEY R AWESOME & CAN DO THE SAME. I DO LOVE THAT SR9C GRIP BUT GLOCK FITS JUST FINE 2. I GOT MY SR9C FOR $419 @ BEECHGROOVE FIREARMS, WHICH WAS THE CHEAPEST AROUND.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    long take up? Polish up the trigger bar and it's a pretty smooth take up.

trigger on the SR-9 looks like it's just as far, if not farther.

Dunno, sweet looking pistol though.

Trigger on the SR9 felt heavier, but crisper than the Glocks. Not "crisper" in terms of grit, the new one I was playing with was a little gritty, though not objectionably so, just more of a definite break, and the take up felt shorter and not so noticeable to me. I much prefer it to the trigger on the Glocks, XDs, and my PT145.

One thing about these... if you go to a gun store and dry fire them, do it with the mag in. With the mag out, the trigger bar drags on the mag safety. Bad for the gun, and creates a LOT of drag, makes the trigger feel terrible.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I like the trigger on my SR9. I'd about 100 rounds through it, and the only complaint I have is some FTE's. Hope the problem corrects itself but it is a nice gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    All the new sr9's are suppose to have the trigger from the sr9c which I have. I have no complaints about the trigger being my first striker fired pistol.

I had some problems with light primer strike, which what I thought was light primer strike, but when I switch to shooting my carry ammo everyone fired.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Based on what?

Based on parts availability, reliability, sheer numbers out there, 20+ years to get it right (or better, anyways), great build quality, one of the best finishes to be applied to any firearm, and nice cheap mags.

And I'm a 1911 guy....

Top Bottom