• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    i have a question if,the glocks are the "best" then why is it all the gun stores i go to are sold out of xd's but still have numerous of glocks

thatguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Market saturation?

I had a Glock, it was a good gun. I've had some range time with the XD, it's a good gun... Realistically, the best gun is going to be the one you enjoy spending time at the range with and feels comfortable in your hand.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    Market saturation?

I had a Glock, it was a good gun. I've had some range time with the XD, it's a good gun... Realistically, the best gun is going to be the one you enjoy spending time at the range with and feels comfortable in your hand.

definately agree i have shot a couple glocks they preformed went bang everytime just dont care for the way they feel in my hand the xd is my gun of choice

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    definately agree i have shot a couple glocks they preformed went bang everytime just dont care for the way they feel in my hand the xd is my gun of choice

Same here. Different grip angles/shooting styles will naturally lend themselves to different pistol configurations.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    People stock more glocks because they are big sellers.

I've had both , liked both. In the subcompact the glock was lighter and I had second thoughts on a grip safety. Aside from that the XD was awesome.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    my two cents if your purchasing deff hold each and shoot each if possible, as an owner of both i like the feel of the xd better in my hand but i also like my 1911 better than my glock.:rockwoot:

RGR12

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I think its because the XD is a newer model, and people like new. Both are great guns.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's kindof a Coke vs Pepsi question. Both Glock and XD are reliable and effective firearms. The best thing to do is shoot both and see what you think. Personally, I think XD edges out because I like the grip and if you rotate the letters "XD" 90 degrees, it looks like someone is squinting and smiling.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    It's all in what you prefer and what you do best with. Glock did it first, and basically every other poly frame pistol came to compete with them. XD, M&P, etc.

Glock has 20 years or so of proven reliability on the others, but are often criticized for not being comfortable, etc. They have attempted to help this with the gen 4 guns

Top Bottom