• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wow i think the real story here is that a 14yo didn’t know better than to point a gun at a person and pull the trigger?
    This...and the bus driver who left his Glock pistol lying around in the open, unsecured!
    This is a 'human' problem...not an 'object' problem!
    I've always thought it interesting that people complain about a Glock not having an 'external' safety, etc., such as, say, a Beretta 92 pistol...yet no one complains about a revolver needing an 'external' safety...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Weapon of war….. at one time wars were fought with sticks and stones…. I can hardly tolerate such blatant ignorance anymore!!! The church bus guy did not properly safeguard his weapon from children. His fault…. Not the manufacturers. That would be like during chevrolet because a drunk driver killed someone while driving their vehicle…. Absurd!!!!
    Cue in the opening Dawn of Man scene from Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    And this further illustrates my belief that firearms safety should be a mandatory part of public education. My opinion would be far more beneficial then some other required courses.
    But that would indoctrinate all our children to the message that guns are safe, dangerous but safe, if properly handled and maintained and that would violate the lefts’ gospel. So it won’t happen.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    But that would indoctrinate all our children to the message that guns are safe, dangerous but safe, if properly handled and maintained and that would violate the lefts’ gospel. So it won’t happen.
    Harder to oppress people when you train them not to be scared of the boogeyman (guns) that the left has created.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    This is like suing an auto manufacturer for a drunk driving accident because the vehicle didn’t have a breathalyzer lockout.

If we Idiot-proof everything, then nothing will be useful.
    I agree with you, however our esteemed electorate is discussing a new auto requirement that all new cars have a "blow to go" feature to prevent drink driving!
    Rick

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    They probably were, and maybe the church too.

However, this particular case was about the lawsuit against Glock, their distributor, and whatever gun shop sold the Glock plus anybody else who was associated with its manufacture, sale, etc.
    Wrong. Totally and completely wrong.

This lawsuit was chasing the MONEY. Glock has MONEY. The not-so-ulterior motive behind it is not compensation, however. It is to make the manufacture, distribution, and sale of guns (of all kinds) too expensive to pursue. If it were purely about punishing the wrong-doers, the shooter's parents and the gun owner would have been the defendants.

Typical American justice. Don't sue the responsible party; sue the party with the most money. I am happy it failed. This is happening more and more lately.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Understood but our families belief holds that Education not indoctrination is valuable on many fronts.

like many around here we have instructed our son about gun safety from a very early age. BRAGGING MOMENT HERE, did I mention our son Smoked his Qualification while some struggled with even the remote concept of sight alignment.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Wrong. Totally and completely wrong.

This lawsuit was chasing the MONEY. Glock has MONEY. The not-so-ulterior motive behind it is not compensation, however. It is to make the manufacture, distribution, and sale of guns (of all kinds) too expensive to pursue. If it were purely about punishing the wrong-doers, the shooter's parents and the gun owner would have been the defendants.

Typical American justice. Don't sue the responsible party; sue the party with the most money. I am happy it failed. This is happening more and more lately.
    Unfortunately not a new practice, deep pockets get the attention most evert time.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I agree with you, however our esteemed electorate is discussing a new auto requirement that all new cars have a "blow to go" feature to prevent drink driving!
    Rick
    I kind of think there may be something to this one?
    Toss out the retro fitting to existing vehicles, and require them to purchase a brand new one with the device built in! Or sorry driving is a privilege so you can’t afford one sorry you don’t drive.

Unlikely to happen because we are too busy catering to convicted criminals to let real solutions get in the way when it comes to many crimes.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I kind of think there may be something to this one?
    Toss out the retro fitting to existing vehicles, and require them to purchase a brand new one with the device built in! Or sorry driving is a privilege so you can’t afford one sorry you don’t drive.

Unlikely to happen because we are too busy catering to convicted criminals to let real solutions get in the way when it comes to many crimes.
    The requirement is proposed for ALL new light vehicles. So even if you never drink, you would have to pass a breath test every time you start the car. Feels like unreasonable search every time the car is started.

Reactions: wcd

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    The requirement is proposed for ALL new light vehicles. So even if you never drink, you would have to pass a breath test every time you start the car. Feels like unreasonable search every time the car is started.
    Understood, clearly a violation, except in the case of retaining a privilege. Such as in the case of a convicted drunk driver.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wow i think the real story here is that a 14yo didn’t know better than to point a gun at a person and pull the trigger?
    Well, half the story, at least. The other half is: why was a firearm left unattended/unsecured in a church van?

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    ^^^This, and why did the youth leader leave a firearm unsecured in the van with youths in it?

Top Bottom