• tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Did anyone notice the 12 gauge shotgun?

I give you... The MKA 1919

mka.jpg

With what appears to be a polymer lower, no less!
    :D

I am supposedly at the top of the list with at least one distributer. High cap mags will be on the market in the wink of an eye. Lose the faux carry handle and plastic front sight, add a FastFire or DeltaPoint and it's good to go

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hey its a Glock slide on a P99 frame!

ghost_tr04_big.jpg

ghost_tr04_big2.jpg

Have to agree. As an owner of a P99 and a Glock 23 I actually find this gun sort of interesting. I think a gun with the grip/ergonomics of the P99 and the lower bore of the glock would be a nice gun to shoot. I for one would like to shoot one of these. If they are cheap enough and the quality is decent then they might have a marketable product.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Wow! It's a Glock with great ergos... I believe that this is the final sign before the whole Rapture thing. I think I'll change into my Sunday best to be on the safe side.

I prefer glock ergos to most if not all pistols ive shot, to each his own :dunno: Its certainly not the BEST, but I dont think it needs to be improved much if at all. The 4th gen models are fantastic, however I prefer 3rd as they are cheaper and proven. The real question is, do you trust this no name mfg.

The Glock company is like a bunch of Liberals!

:n00b:

Didn't S&W get sued by Glock Inc. for making a polymer framed pistol that mimics Glock's pistols too closely? Is this just a custom job, or are there some other legal things I don't know of?

They didnt get sued because it mimics it too closely or looked similarly. They got sued because they engineered it using the exact specifications glock invented. Its not because its a polymer pistol, there are plenty of polymer guns out there that dont replicate glock. S&W pays royalties as does springfield I believe because they infringed on glocks legally obtained patents. Its a part of business. I would assume that wouldnt be such a hard concept, especially for men of such superior stature and obvious firearm experience such as U.S. Patriot :wallbash:

Originally Posted by Agent 007
    If Obama carried a gun, it would be an XD. Foreign born and desperately trying to look like an American.....it's the change that Glock bashers can believe in!

:laugh:

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The MKA-1919 is actually getting some better press than you might think. Don't laugh too loud too fast. Looks like RAA is starting to import them and some of the Saiga aftermarket is taking a long and careful look.

Here's a place to start reading:
    Test Fired the MKA-1919 Today - forum.Saiga-12.com

I suspect we'll see a few running around soon. And people will be modding those sights right off of there.

I personally am a Saiga guy. But when I see some of these guys (whose opinions I respect) start kicking things around - then I have to at least wonder what they are seeing. Again - I personally haven't had the opportunity to shoot one. But Tony Rumore has... and I found his comments interesting.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Even if im a Glock fan I see this as a good thing.
    I think the more gun options you have the better it is.
    It will probably be a budget gun compared to the Glock which I think are too expensive.
    We will have to wait and see in 25 years if they have the same track record the Glock have.
    The look is interesting, that's all I can say until I shoot one.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    The MKA-1919 is actually getting some better press than you might think. Don't laugh too loud too fast. Looks like RAA is starting to import them and some of the Saiga aftermarket is taking a long and careful look.

Here's a place to start reading:
    Test Fired the MKA-1919 Today - forum.Saiga-12.com

I suspect we'll see a few running around soon. And people will be modding those sights right off of there.

I personally am a Saiga guy. But when I see some of these guys (whose opinions I respect) start kicking things around - then I have to at least wonder what they are seeing. Again - I personally haven't had the opportunity to shoot one. But Tony Rumore has... and I found his comments interesting.

There is also some small amount of discussion on Enos. Im hoping to have one by the end of July. If it works out and they prove to be reliable and the aftermarket caughs up what they are already buzzing about my Saiga will be gone. I already sold one of my Saigas last week to help fund the Akdal.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    It will probably be a budget gun compared to the Glock which I think are too expensive.

I agree. I think they could certainly sell them for less. However, compared to their competition and pistols in general, they are modestly priced. I like that you can get any model for not $1000. :laugh:

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Well somebody should sue Springfield, for taking the name of an American institution which it has NO connection to, and using it as a marketing gimmick to sell $250 Croation pistols for $500. And there's nothing more American than a 1911 made with genuine Brazilian steel, is there? :):

"Springfield Armory" :rolleyes: Stamping that name on a European pistol is kinda like giving the title "US President" to someone who was born in Kenya. :D

+1!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Then someone should sue Glock because H&K produced the first polymer framed pistol. John Browning should have sued Colt for making the 1911, when it was his design.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Dude, Browning was not a manufacturer, he was a designer. Everyone else always made his guns and Colt used several of his designs.

Edit: Browning Arms was founded in 1927 and made his sporting (non-military) designs

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Then someone should sue Glock because H&K produced the first polymer framed pistol. John Browning should have sued Colt for making the 1911, when it was his design.

And the chinese should sue every ammo company because they invented gun powder? :D

I must say that this gun looks VERY much like a Glock but every gun ever made has always been a copy of a previous model in some way.
    Usually with some improvements, im not sure if it is the case of that model unless the cost is an improvement.
    We will have to wait until we know the price of that gun.
    It's fair to say that it will be much less than a Glock since their guns are not used and trusted by hundreds of law enforcement and military agencies around the world, and have been since more than 20 years, they just cant sale it at Glock price.
    Competition is a good thing among gun makers, it drops the prices down and pushs them to come up with new models.
    And it just offers to us buyers more models to choose from.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    why the **** would you need A2 sights on a shotgun for???
    "Look at here, my super duper tacticool shotgun that can shoot 250 yards...":dunno::D
    what a bunch of tards...

I saw some guy at the range a few months ago with a remington 870 w/ folding stock (so far, a sweet home defense gun).... with an acog scope on it :facepalm: .... yes an acog... not a holographic reflex or even a simple red dot....

LordTio3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    McCordsville
    I saw some guy at the range a few months ago with a remington 870 w/ folding stock (so far, a sweet home defense gun).... with an acog scope on it :facepalm: .... yes an acog... not a holographic reflex or even a simple red dot....

And if he uses it for his 12 ga slug gun for deer hunting?

And people have been "copying" Glock for a couple of decades now. What few seem to grasp is that much of Glock's legendary reliability is in its magazine design. And much of it's appeal lies in it's simplicity. These are things that you don't need to copy a pistol design to include in your own.

Eh... I guess it would be fun to test-fire.

~LT

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I had edited *excluding deer hunting* in my previous post... I guess it didnt save. My father has a low mag scope on his remington... however I dont know too many people that hunt with tactical home defense shotguns.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Didn't S&W get sued by Glock Inc. for making a polymer framed pistol that mimics Glock's pistols too closely? Is this just a custom job, or are there some other legal things I don't know of?

The S&W SIGMA was a copy of the glock, I've even heard you can drop the SIGMA barrel in a glock & you can fire the glock:cool:

Top Bottom