• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I know block makes a .380 and want one - why aren't they sold in the states? Can you get one in the states? Anybody know the avenues I have to take to get one?

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    On Sunday I talked to a Glock rep. at the ISOA show. I asked about this. He stated the .380 is the same gun as the 26/27 just in .380. Basically his take was, same size, weight with less power. Why bother with a lower power round?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Its generally marketed in areas where citizens are restricted from owning firearms in calibers larger than the police/military carry. Like FireMedic said; why have a gun with the same capacity and size, but in a smaller caliber? Wouldn't sell well.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I was under the impression by a local gunshop that there was a glock in a smaller frame - i wouldn't want something same size as a full size with less power - of coarse - just in a pocketlite size - i take it that there isn't a small frame glock 380?

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was under the impression by a local gunshop that there was a glock in a smaller frame - i wouldn't want something same size as a full size with less power - of coarse - just in a pocketlite size - i take it that there isn't a small frame glock 380?

They make a "slimline" .45 - the Glock 36. Could that be what you heard about?

Glock 36 | GLOCK USA

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Possibly :dunno:I know the discussion with the gunshop owner was about 380s tho - sounds like I was misled

You were. The .380 Glock pistols are the same frame size as the 9mm/.40 pistols.

Glock cannot import the .380 pistols for sale to the public due to the restrictions in place. They either don't score enough or too many points, I can't remember which. I have never seen one myself.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    To answer your original question. It's my understanding that you have to be LE or Military to be able to get one and they ARE the same size and a G-19 or a G-26 so there is no advantage to having one.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Top Bottom