• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My favorite auto is the Browning High power. I have one in 9mm and never had a problem with it. It was very accurate carried enough rounds to get you out of trouble and it shot everything I fed it. Also it wasn't hard to carry. My second favorite is a S&W model 39. It was the first auto I ever owned. It shot well and handled everything I fed it. The only problem I had with it was it was heavy and not easy to carry. Both are great guns and I carried the Browning for years.

I now carry a Glock model 30 or a model 36. They both work well and are cost effective. They are easy to carry and shoot well. I have no complaints with them. They are tools to do a job and they do it well.

The Browning and the Smith are works of gun art. They are one of a kind as far as the models go. One hundred years from now they will still be admired for what they are to gun people. The Glocks will always be tools. A hundred years from now they will still be tools. There is no art to them. It takes no skill to build one. The same goes for many of the things we use today.

Just the feelings of a old man. Don't take it to heart. Your heart may feel different about the Glock.

May each day bring you at least one pleasure.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't (and doubt I ever do) own any polymer framed firearm. I collect firearms and intend to pass them on to my son's. As a retired Engineer I have worked with and tested plastics for many years and know of the degradation of ALL plastics as they age. These issues in my mind means they have a limited lifetime before they become useless due to cracking etc. I am not knocking the reliability or usefulness of these firearms - most will probably last 50 years or more but their life is limited, whereas I have steel and wood firearms that are functioning and shooting well after more than 100 years with no end in sight!

You've been out of the work force how long??
    Do you think plastics and polymers may have improved since you were testing them?
    And if a Glock frame eventually degrades or cracks, new frames are inexpensive to buy.

Not knocking what you know, just an observation.
    I own both types of weapons, steel and wood, and steel slides with polymer frames.
    For me it is a no brainer, it is hard enough to take care of everything else in life that needs attention, so my carry guns are Glock's and have been for years.
    I give the slide, barrel and metal parts a light coat of a high quality gun oil from time to time and go on.
    And remember metal does rust if you don't keep up on it, I am still working a full time job, I don't have time to sit around and oil guns all day.
    I wish I did, but I don't, not implying that is what you do all day either.

Back on topic, I have owned my share of Sigs, I have sold them all but one, a P238 (.380), I like it and think it is cool, self defense piece? Could be, but it's not my carry gun.
    I carry and shoot well Glock 17's and 19's.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I own both Sigs and Glocks among other pistols and revolvers.
    They all have their uses, and I enjoy shooting all of them.
    Of ALL of them over the years, the ONLY one I ever had to send back to the manufacturer for warranty work was a Glock 21 .45ACP that kept jamming.
    All the others have been trouble free.

My latest acquisition is a Sig P226 I bought yesterday in .40SW that I replaced the barrel with a Sig OEM .357 Sig barrel.
    I plan to shoot it today if mother nature cooperates.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom