• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have been thinking about Glock 9mm but don't not sure on the factory sights. What aftermarket sights are best? I know everyone has their personal preference but looking for a general opinion. The 40 I had shot good but always printed to the left about 3". I didn't shift the rear sight, I just tried changing my style. Is there a chance a 9mm may shoot differently? I'm kinda a noob to the Glock world. I was thinking about an SR9 as well but I am not a fan of the LCI and don't care about external safeties (my finger is all I really need) but I do like the sights on them. Gimme some help guys.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Glock has a web site and you can get a catalog of all products for your Glock. I talked to a glock guy the other day and he likes the adjustable rear sight on his. I just have the dove tail night sights on mine front and back and it is dialed right in. Its really what ever you like. Hope this might help. I am still new at tricking out my gun to personal taste.:popcorn:

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I have been thinking about Glock 9mm but don't not sure on the factory sights. What aftermarket sights are best? I know everyone has their personal preference but looking for a general opinion. The 40 I had shot good but always printed to the left about 3". I didn't shift the rear sight, I just tried changing my style. Is there a chance a 9mm may shoot differently? I'm kinda a noob to the Glock world. I was thinking about an SR9 as well but I am not a fan of the LCI and don't care about external safeties (my finger is all I really need) but I do like the sights on them. Gimme some help guys.
    Find someone with a sight pusher and have them take your rear sight to the right a little at a time, firing two rounds at a time until you have it dialed in. Thats what I did. I have a Glock 22 and someone tried to adjust my rear sight to the center of the gun and I was shooting the same way you describe straight but to the left. We pushed the rear sight to the right of the gun a little at a time and finally got it dialed in. My rear sight sits way to the right side of my gun but is dead on.:popcorn:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Remember the phrase "you suck, its not the gun". Moving your sights is simply a bandaid to a bigger problem-- your fundamentals. Sure, your gun with the moved sights works for you, but have someone else pick it up, or pick up someone else's gun, and your bad habits show themselves again.

Now, like anything else, it would help to first know how you will be using this gun. Plinking? Carry? Bullseye? Games?

For me, my Glock is a carry gun. Therefore I chose fixed sights (not adjustable) for their ruggedness. I also chose nights sights with Tritium inserts. Although I'm currently running a "dot the I" setup with XS Big Dots, I also like more traditional 3-dot sights.

As to specific options, even within my above guidelines, there are a bajillion. Search around INGO and you'll find some threads where folks will list which ones they have.

Good luck!

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I agree 100% before I started adjusting my rear sight I had a match shooter shoot my weapon and he found it to be off also. My rear sight sits way to the right of my weapon and it is a fixed sight.:popcorn:

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Some people that are right handed left eye dominant and vice versa may have to move the rear sight a little. As for sights it is personal preference. My duty glock 22 has heine's on it they are very nice.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I also have the Glock factory night sights on my G22, but my dad has the Truglo TFO (tritium fiber optic) on his G23 and I think they are pretty sweet as well.

I have to agree with esrice though, if you are drifting your sights much from the factory, you are probably doing something wrong. I have bought a 1911 with adjustable sights that were a little off from the factory, but only by a click or two at 50 yds.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What are you using the Glock for? I view a Glock as an excellent self-defense gun, and in this manner I keep XS Big Dot sights on mine. They are great for fast threat acquisition. Best of luck in your hunt!

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Remember the phrase "you suck, its not the gun". Moving your sights is simply a bandaid to a bigger problem-- your fundamentals. Sure, your gun with the moved sights works for you, but have someone else pick it up, or pick up someone else's gun, and your bad habits show themselves again.

Now, like anything else, it would help to first know how you will be using this gun. Plinking? Carry? Bullseye? Games?

For me, my Glock is a carry gun. Therefore I chose fixed sights (not adjustable) for their ruggedness. I also chose nights sights with Tritium inserts. Although I'm currently running a "dot the I" setup with XS Big Dots, I also like more traditional 3-dot sights.

As to specific options, even within my above guidelines, there are a bajillion. Search around INGO and you'll find some threads where folks will list which ones they have.

Good luck!
    i have to disagree with you entirely, i have 4 different glocks and the 17/22 is the only one i have this problem with. i also own/owned sig, hk, beretta,s&w,kimber,taurus and probable some i cant think of now, the glock 17/22 are the only one where this occurs, it isnt always the shooter. its the gun doesnt fit the shooter the best.If moving the sight is just a "bandaid" then why doesnt it manifest itself in other guns?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If moving the sight is just a "bandaid" then why doesnt it manifest itself in other guns?

So are you suggesting that ALL Glock 17s and 22s have misaligned sights?

I would bet more that there is something else about the gun, like the grip angle, or longer grip, that gives you problems executing the fundamentals, thereby throwing off your shots.

Or, in your specific case, you could indeed have a gun that already has misaligned sights. How do other experienced shooters do with it?

Top Bottom