GlockTalk.com registration problems. Anyone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I tried registering on GlockTalk.com a few days ago (for the first time) and it said that my IP address had been banned. Obviously I WTF'd, and sent the admin an email. I have yet to hear back. Has anyone else had any problems? Can anyone help me out?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Why would you want to go over there. :): joke (kind of)

That is a big and busy site. I'm sure they will get back to you eventually.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Maybe they banned you before you did something to get banned? Kinda like a Minority Report thing?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They sent me an e-mail a month or so ago, trying to get me to upgrade, ie pay for an advanced membership. I wish I'd kept the message. It didn't seem very business like. They seemed to be whining about being out of money, I think they even stated it.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    haha sorry but i recently tried to go back to the HK forums, and when i tried to log in it said i was banned. I only posted one time in there!! I have no clue what i did.Admin still hasnt answered my email.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I don't know where Glocktalk is hosted. I could look, but that requires effort, and I'm lazy.... But I do know the datacenter that hkpro is in had a small explosion last week taking down 9000 servers from 7500 customers, HKpro included.

It's possbible Glocktalk was affected? As a side note, my office IP address was banned from registering at Glocktalk. I'd never even been to the site before. I just set my machine up to proxy through another network and registered that way. ;)

*Yes I know, I'm a geek.*

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm a firm believer in running a proxy on a site I host. Sometimes the filters at work give me an access denied (weapons). A Proxy fixes that annoying stuff. :rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm a firm believer in running a proxy on a site I host. Sometimes the filters at work give me an access denied (weapons). A Proxy fixes that annoying stuff. :rockwoot:

I use a thumb drive fitted out with a browser and an ssh client (I highly recommend PortableApps). SSH into my external proxy and then tunnel my web traffic over the encrypted link.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom